Talley

Got my car!!! Photos inside

Well this past sunday I took delivery of my uncles car that I bought.  2003 Redfire Mustang Cobra.  11,648 miles of which he claims 9k of those miles are all on the track.  It was a dedicated car with very little street time.  It's a turnkey track ready beast.  All it needs is some fresh tires and she's ready.  Now just to get me ready lol.

quick stats is 2.3 whippled 580rwhp full maximum motorsports everything with big brake kits front/rear.  She is no show queen... just setup to go.

20190505_142503141_iOS.jpg

20190505_142735000_iOS.jpg

20190505_142809000_iOS.jpg

20190505_142832000_iOS.jpg

20190505_143039000_iOS.jpg

20190505_161748000_iOS.jpg

20190505_161902000_iOS.jpg

20190505_161945000_iOS.jpg

*in Kenny Powers Voice* 'Murica Jack!!!

Congrats man - that car is dead sexy :) Get it on track!

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Fun Times Ahead!

Congrats!

Good looking beast. Not enough of us Mustang cretins here, so welcome to the party. 

...negative camber...stoptechs...harness bar...harness and seat...

This is going to be an interesting first drive...

52 minutes ago, KevinDB said:

Or if driven with any level of restraint, preventing him from approaching the car's likely high limits, it could be uneventful 🙂

I couldn't do that though. KILL ALL TIRES, sir...kill'em all!

4 hours ago, KevinDB said:

When can I start 🙂 

3 hours ago, joesurf79 said:

Or if driven with any level of restraint, preventing him from approaching the car's likely high limits, it could be uneventful 🙂

I couldn't do that though. KILL ALL TIRES, sir...kill'em all!

LOL... well I will admit I do have a learning curve.   Going through the entire car now and kinda hard to do with kids/work/vacationing.  Hope to do some first racing around september timeframe.  

I hope I kill many tires, pads, rotors, and gallons of fuel.

She's a beauty! Seems setup really well. Be safe and patient giving yourself time to learn the car and the track you're running. It doesn't take long to go from Hero to Zero on the track.

14 hours ago, Talley said:

….  Hope to do some first racing around september timeframe.  

I hope I kill many tires, pads, rotors, and gallons of fuel.

Lesson 1:

HPDE is NOT racing.

Not meaning to be a word Nazi, but its an important distinction. Passing is only in designated area and by invitation (point by) of the leading car, and associated rules/protocols that make DEs a MUCH more controlled (and safer) activity than racing. Nothing is 100% safe, but these limits are what make DEs an attractive option for learning how to drive and experience a track at speed with reduced chance of damaging their car or getting hurt.

and oh yeah, you will be allowed to drive as fast as you like as long as can do so safely. As a fellow Mustang owner, I can vouch for my girl's appetite for consumables. Buts its so worth it.

3 hours ago, El_Tortuga said:

Lesson 1:

HPDE is NOT racing.

Not meaning to be a word Nazi, but its an important distinction. Passing is only in designated area and by invitation (point by) of the leading car, and associated rules/protocols that make DEs a MUCH more controlled (and safer) activity than racing. Nothing is 100% safe, but these limits are what make DEs an attractive option for learning how to drive and experience a track at speed with reduced chance of damaging their car or getting hurt.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm active in the scene as far as keeping up with all the latest rules and such and my uncle tracked this car for 9k miles and always talked regularly about his events.  I use to SCCA back in 04/05 under the same principals.  I'm not a complete newb but I will have to return to the scene as a novice especially having a 600hp track car at my fingertips.

I'm really excited to return though.  I appreciate all the insight and assistance I can get.

You can see my slow truck in the image.  Funny enough the instructor that rode with me was snooty about my truck isn't designed to run at the track and would be slow but the miata in front of me had a time that was 2 seconds slower than mine.  Probably driver though lol.

I've spent alot of time over 100mph on back country roads in mexico.  Time to keep it on the track now.  

Talley012.jpg

On 5/9/2019 at 2:52 PM, El_Tortuga said:

and oh yeah, you will be allowed to drive as fast as you like as long as can do so safely. As a fellow Mustang owner, I can vouch for my girl's appetite for consumables. Buts its so worth it.

That's all I'm looking for.  I don't think I will truly "race" my car.  In the end it is a street car.  I just want to go out there and learn and go fast.  

Cool car for sure. That was my first track car. Just be real smooth with everything you do and have fun.