Shuka

Deleted

VERY nice!!

Only suggestion I'd make - and you may have already have it figured out - room for a trailer - either move the whole slab/building over a bit more towards the center of your backyard so you can back a trailer all the way in on a straight shot from your driveway - that gives you PLENTY of room if you have (or plan to have) a long trailer. Or, make sure you can back a trailer from your driveway *into* your shop (ie - make sure the shop door is positioned properly for this) - if that's what you want. Just throwing out the *only* thing I see that I would change. A 2,000 ft2 shop with 16' high ceilings is going to ROCK!!

EDITED to add: I looked at your first post and I see where there's room for a trailer like mentioned above - your current drawing doesn't seem to show that.

What software did you sketch and submit plans with?

I applied my own penetrating sealer.  It darkens the concrete slightly but doesn't otherwise alter the finish much (i.e., doesn't "polish").  I've spilled all kinds of fluids, including brake fluid and diesel, and it always wipes up without a trace.  It was quite a chore putting it down on 8000 sq. ft.  But with 2 of you and 2000 sq. ft., I'll bet you could knock it out in an afternoon.

This is the stuff I used:

IMG_0106[1].JPG

moar lights are always better.  you can always turn some off. 🙂

then again, you can always add a few more.

Need any wire?  I have all kinds of 12awg THHN and a fair amount of 14awg MC flex sitting in the shop that I won't be using.  when I was growing up, I worked with my stepdad in the electrical bidness.  we would run 1/2" conduit along the purlins to a gang box and then use a 10ft section of flex as a whip to get to the nearby light fixtures.

If you want any of it, make reasonable offer.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, Hollywood said:

To hell with conservative, make it like the sun. Never will a bolt sneak off under a shadow again...

Bolt: "challenge accepted"

I was working on my plane a while back, removing some control surfaces. Among the fasteners was a bolt that also had two carefully-hand-fitted spacers on it. When I removed the bolt, I marked each spacer, put them back on the bolt, and added the washer and nut to hold it all together. Then went back to the other series of bolts.

It could not have been more than 15 minutes later that I went to collect that bolt with its spacers to group with the other bolts for storage. I couldn't find it. Searched all the workbenches multiple times, looked under everything, moved shit around, shined a flashlight everywhere...I never found it. It didn't even show up after I bought a replacement and made up two new spacers, so it must be really and truly gone.

9 minutes ago, N546RV said:

Bolt: "challenge accepted"

I was working on my plane a while back, removing some control surfaces. Among the fasteners was a bolt that also had two carefully-hand-fitted spacers on it. When I removed the bolt, I marked each spacer, put them back on the bolt, and added the washer and nut to hold it all together. Then went back to the other series of bolts.

It could not have been more than 15 minutes later that I went to collect that bolt with its spacers to group with the other bolts for storage. I couldn't find it. Searched all the workbenches multiple times, looked under everything, moved shit around, shined a flashlight everywhere...I never found it. It didn't even show up after I bought a replacement and made up two new spacers, so it must be really and truly gone.

Ugh, brings back some memories of VERY long nights in the USAF, looking for a dropped nut or screw in the fuselage of a F-16...red X'd until that damn thing is found. Happened almost every time the ammo drum was R&R'd for maintenance.

NICE

I'm of the opinion that shop lighting is like horsepower: the amount you need will always be about 110% of the current value.

We had a bit of shop floor work done over the recent holiday break..

FloorRenov.jpg

Pool Table.jpg

Looks more better with customer cars back in it 🙂

911s.jpg

LoftOff.jpg

Back in Business- Looks better with client cars in it ;0

BackinBusiness.jpg