Shuka

Backyard workshop progress

Just do what I used to do..   man on a pallet.  better hold on!

Note that he said "used" to do...he had a few falls...now he's a bit shorter...he kind of makes weird facial expressions every now and then...but he's OK...keep feeding him beer, he'll be fine.... LOL!

We would definitely build something like this:

image.png.9b710c9480a40450686062458af0a6a9.png

22 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

Note that he said "used" to do...he had a few falls...now he's a bit shorter...he kind of makes weird facial expressions every now and then...but he's OK...keep feeding him beer, he'll be fine.... LOL!

Nope.  I drove the forklift. 🙂

2 hours ago, Shuka said:

We would definitely build something like this:

image.png.9b710c9480a40450686062458af0a6a9.png

That has "bungee jump" written all over it! LOL!

Some more organization... Unistrut, plywood and PVC made some good cordless tool organization

image.thumb.png.20e0df4ec3500aebb319aeb804ebf4e3.png\

image.thumb.png.5f0c338369fde9b57fea9fbe489e2e28.png

This corner of the shop is really starting to take shape. From the outset we knew it would be the fabrication/tool hub.

image.thumb.png.39c0ffb4bad3f0c20d04cd561bcc9f3c.png

I'm having to set a "shop bed time" every night so I actually go inside and do adult responsibility stuff like shower, eat, sleep...

Looks fabulous! Nah - just put a cot in the corner, or a recliner or two...sponge bath from the water fountain...you'll be A-OK! Race cars don't mind if you have an "aura"....others may, but race cars don't mind! LOL!

do I remember correctly that you are eventually planning for a bathroom and shower in there?

do as Brad says and put a cot in the corner.  Add a fridge and microwave and you're home free!

We've got a nice beer fridge, TV, and a bunch of camp chairs...it's nice to have a race on when hanging in the garage...used to have two nice leather recliners but then my crew chief said they "had to go"...my favorite hangout time was watching LeMans for the whole 24 hours...well, except that awkward falling asleep at 4 am and getting up at 8 am...the red bull/vokda worked until a certain point and then it didn't....

6 hours ago, Shuka said:

Some more organization... Unistrut, plywood and PVC made some good cordless tool organization

image.thumb.png.20e0df4ec3500aebb319aeb804ebf4e3.png\

Well there's an idea I'll be stealing...not that I have that many cordless tools, but I definitely haven't figured a good place to store them. Putting them on a shelf in a cabinet just doesn't rub me the right way.

Yeah I saw that too.   But I don't have any bare wall space to do something like that.    I don't have that many drills either, but I have two sets of drill + 1/2" impact + 1/4" impact + flashlight (so 8 pcs total)..

But one set stays in the kart trailer or shop and the other set floats between the car trailer (which gets races 2x/yr right now) and the house..   so there's tools everywhere. LOL

Yeah - that is very nicely done cordless tool storage! So....a few years ago when I moved into the Garage Mahal I got a smoking deal on this, it's got a drawer dedicated just for cordless tools, also has various electrical plugs, etc. It's a nice setup:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-46-in-16-Drawer-Steel-Tool-Chest-and-Rolling-Cabinet-Set-Textured-Red-and-Black-Matte-48-22-8510-8520/306136151

image.thumb.png.cca3a17638d84064c6b939796ad3c405.png

27 minutes ago, Matt93SE said:

But one set stays in the kart trailer or shop and the other set floats between the car trailer (which gets races 2x/yr right now) and the house..   so there's tools everywhere. LOL

I gave up on the "toolbox shuffle" a few years ago - I was lucky enough that the previous shop owner set up my pit box (which stays in the Full Monte Trailer) with every conceivable tool for an ASA/GTA car...along with spares. Separate box for Garage Mahal, separate box for trailer - makes my life easier. You can never have too many tools! I spend lonesome Saturdays just walking around the tool aisles...

Yeah, I'm not quite there yet.   almost all of my hand tools are separated for each pile..   Garage and shop each have their own Snap On box and hand tools.  the kart trailer has a small plastic box that holds another set of dedicated hand tools.   Car trailer has another mid-size rolling chest with race day hand tools.

About the only thing that I drag between the locations all are the $$ tools.   power tools, generator, air compressor, jacks, etc.