Clay

MSRC Expansion

Yep, saw that yesterday when picking up my car from Doghouse. More parking space for track days and guests get to be closer to the track too. I'm liking it a lot

I don't know how...but they really need to expand the grid area. Otherwise parking is fine as long as people don't block off a football field for 2 cars.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:29 PM, RUQWIKR said:

Parking expansion rumors look to be true...

Image may contain: sky, house, outdoor and nature

Dang it! I loved using the drop off between the grass and the pavement to help ease the ramp angle getting the car off the trailer lol! 

1 hour ago, bigjae1976 said:

I don't know how...but they really need to expand the grid area. Otherwise parking is fine as long as people don't block off a football field for 2 cars.

What kind of asshole is blocking off a football field worth of paddock for two cars?

On 4/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, joesurf79 said:

Dang it! I loved using the drop off between the grass and the pavement to help ease the ramp angle getting the car off the trailer lol! 

Out there yesterday and they’ve cleared and leveled it all the way to the fence now. If you need a drop off, there’s a small gully in front of Doghouse that you can back up to. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:08 PM, Kong Sheng Han said:

What kind of asshole is blocking off a football field worth of paddock for two cars?

the folks that parallel the edge of the parking rather than nosing into the grass.. Arrgh

On 4/20/2019 at 8:08 PM, Kong Sheng Han said:

You'd be amazed what people can do to claim real estate.   I was at a club race at MSRH a few years ago, and one shop out of Austin parked their semi AND an RV on the front straight blocking the entire thing.  they had a single rental car that ran back-of-pack.  When I politely asked why they took up all the room on the front straight instead of parking closer to the MSRH shop like the usual rental companies, the answer was "well I gotta get my name out".    yeah screw the other 10 cars that usually park there.......

At the PCA event last month someone parked their 40 foot RV toy hauler thing lengthwise on the cement.  Probably took up over 10 prime spots facing the track.  I made a comment about it to someone I thought was part of the organizing group but got a weird stare.  I think he was the offender...hahaha

in the end people need to practice situational awareness.  If you’re attending an event with 140 participants then parking is going to be tough.  There are areas reserved for RV parking typically...be a good neighbor and park there.  

Many people are worried more about securing as much real estate as they can for themselves and their "crew" who may or may not show than they are about being a good neighbor. 

My first SCCA event at COTA, I was told we'd get a 20x50 spot.  I wound up getting a 10x75' spot and had trailers parked immediately on both sides of me.  I couldn't open the side door of the trailer, and wound up working off the back.  The space wasn't long enough to fold the door down and fit the car in the parking spot, so I had to leave the trailer door down and park halfway on the door to keep the ass end of the car from sticking out into the fire lane.  If I needed to jack up the car, I had to park my car in grid, get all my tools out of the trailer, put the back door up, then put the car back in place and then get to work.   All the while there was a semi and a huge 50ft awning a few spaces away for a single formula car.....

30 minutes ago, Matt93SE said:

Many people are worried more about securing as much real estate as they can for themselves and their "crew" who may or may not show than they are about being a good neighbor. 

My first SCCA event at COTA, I was told we'd get a 20x50 spot.  I wound up getting a 10x75' spot and had trailers parked immediately on both sides of me.  I couldn't open the side door of the trailer, and wound up working off the back.  The space wasn't long enough to fold the door down and fit the car in the parking spot, so I had to leave the trailer door down and park halfway on the door to keep the ass end of the car from sticking out into the fire lane.  If I needed to jack up the car, I had to park my car in grid, get all my tools out of the trailer, put the back door up, then put the car back in place and then get to work.   All the while there was a semi and a huge 50ft awning a few spaces away for a single formula car.....

did you pay for the spot? 

No, this was the non-paid parking, but there is typically a minimum space allotment listed in the supps.  Then when you get there, the people doing the parking squeeze everyone to the absolute minimum they will accept on the spot regardless of what the supps say.  I rolled in at midnight and it took over an hour of waiting in line to get parked; was told there was no more room and I'd have to deal with it or park in the back 40....  only to find out next morning hours why there was no room left..