Clay

MSRC Expansion

Just saw this on Facebook. Does anyone know what's going on?

Capture.PNG

Subscribed

Rally time now! I'll bring my beater Tahoe asap. 😄

16 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

Kart track

For reals?

1 hour ago, XLR8 said:

For reals?

For reals.  Was talking with JC a while back.  Now we just need the 1.7 resurfaced and we are golden

14 minutes ago, pmptx said:

For reals.  Was talking with JC a while back.  Now we just need the 1.7 resurfaced and we are golden

Yeah i'd have rather some extra configs or at least a resurface before a kart track but oh well.  Should be fun either way.  They need some additional paved paddock as well for busy weekends and covering.  Track really is lacking in creature comforts.  

They are paving the grass for parking from in front of the clubhouse to the fence.  Told that was starting this spring.  Looks like three different vehicles going on the “kart” track:  L0206 karts, Ohvale Mini-Motos, and Supermotards.  Same length as Dallas Karting Complex (DKC)

37C7DE17-36E7-42B8-8AC3-87AA4EE4122D.jpeg

7 hours ago, pmptx said:

This!  The pavement surface is really showing its age and the transitions between tracks is getting rougher. 

He spoke about fixing the surface on the 1.7.  He knows about it.  

They should have made it a little version of TWS! It looks fun, though.

Agreed - the layout looks like it'll be a blast. Really hoping they'll have rental karts. I've only done the indoor K1 Speed thing. It was fun but left me wanting more.

This will be done and ready to use by next month.

I think it's pretty cool that Cresson is getting some refresh. North Texas should be a hip track day place to be this year between this and ECR updates

On 4/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, BobKid said:

This!  The pavement surface is really showing its age and the transitions between tracks is getting rougher. 

LOL!!! Funny to hear folks finally voicing this....it's pretty smooth to me....after a race weekend at Sebring anything is smooth LOL!!

Not my track and I don't have any input...but for those who do - maybe put a bug in Jack's ear about these....?

image.thumb.png.fba79217b2b0cb8fc910050b6beb6b53.png

3 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

56940417_10158285430384018_4439657867959

Loving the SM track application intent. I think I can make out the intended dirt section/jump...is the paved whoop/jump section the squiggly part just before it? Hard to tell elevations from the pic angle...

4 hours ago, vchengap said:

Agreed - the layout looks like it'll be a blast. Really hoping they'll have rental karts. I've only done the indoor K1 Speed thing. It was fun but left me wanting more.

https://www.dallaskartingcomplex.com/

Head out to DKC sometime...way (way) better than K1 Speed.  Not that K1 is boring, but...

1 hour ago, RUQWIKR said:

https://www.dallaskartingcomplex.com/

Head out to DKC sometime...way (way) better than K1 Speed.  Not that K1 is boring, but...

Hard to beat outdoor karting!!! DKC is a blast! It's that driving through Dallas part that brings the suck to it (for me)....for you...you are close!! I'm looking forward to checking out Cresson's new Kart Track!

7 hours ago, vchengap said:

Based on the comments above, I don't think they're going to do rental karts-  it's a club track for bring your own toy.

similar business model to the cars.    

not knocking it, but I see it as an avenue to pursue additional membership revenue.  it's another demographic (or two or three since karts, cars, and supermoto don't really check the same demographic boxes)..  

If I remember correctly he said that he had ordered karts and super motos.  Maybe someone else was there Saturday night when he presented the plans and can clarify.. 

10 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

LOL!!! Funny to hear folks finally voicing this....it's pretty smooth to me....after a race weekend at Sebring anything is smooth LOL!!

It drives smooth compared to many because he did the prep right.  It’s actually amazing how long the surface has been in place and how well it’s done. But if you get out and walk the track, you can see how much it’s breaking down in places. 

I wonder if even something like a surface grind would be an economical option to a complete repave/ new asphalt layer..  surface grind would give the surface some grip again and could be done in stages to make it less intrusive on the schedule.