robertcope

New member day rules...

The monthly member newsletter this month was a little more interesting than usual:

Due to recent events and our efforts to ensure everybody’s safety, we want to touch base with a reminder of the following:

- Please always check in at the front office first. Track Direction and Schedule for the day are displayed in the office, so please make sure you come in to check those beforehand. 

- Wristbands will be provided to everyone that comes in to the office. Our safety team will ensure everybody who gets on track has a wristband on. Without a wristband, you will need to go back to the office and sign in.

- Guests must always check in the front office to prevent any penalty fees for not signing in first. If members do not sign in a guest for a second time, we will be forced to cancel his/her membership (which is the last thing we want to do).

- Just as a friendly reminder, please review and abide by our Member Day rules on track, especially in regards to PASSING ZONES. Click the button below to view more details regarding these rules: https://msrhouston.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MSR-Houston-Track-Day-Rules.pdf

I'm just gonna guess that every scenario in each line item has happened....hope all involved are OK! 😅

Soo when is the next chance we have to show we comply with the rules?

18 minutes ago, HDA said:

Soo when is the next chance we have to show we comply with the rules?

I'm planning to be out there June 2 and 8, weather permitting.

Must admit I'm guilty of #3 myself.   but that was ~10 years ago when Leslie was running things and none of the current staff were working there.  I was there with about 10 members and another 10 or so other corner workers that were cashing in work days.  I was running a bit late and thought I'd just get the first session in and then go back to the office to sign in.

That turned out to be a BAD idea with Leslie and her "comply or death" mentality.  

When I came off track after ~5 laps, she was waiting at end of pit lane and told me to either pay for the full day NOW, or pack my crap and do not come back.  I apologized profusely and explained my reasoning and plan to cash in a worker day, but she didn't care.  pay in full now, or leave.   Finally, one of the charter members with some stroke (I think Rogerson?) wandered up and diffused her a little bit, telling her he had given me the OK to go out before signing in.  She then took her sweet time getting back to the front office for me to sign the waiver and check to make sure I had days on credit, forcing me to miss the next session.

So umm yeah, I always make sure I stop as soon as I get there and park in front of the office with my trailer so they're durn sure I'm not setting foot on track without permission. 🙂

On 5/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, robertcope said:

Mmmmmh tasty

On 5/21/2019 at 6:24 PM, robertcope said:

Update: I won't be able to make it out on the 8th.

Any members going anytime during the first half of July? I’ll need to do a shakedown in the track car before hitting up COTA if I can fix it in time. 

I plan to be out 6/2.  Anyone know what direction they are running this weekend?

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

I plan to be out 6/2.  Anyone know what direction they are running this weekend?

Per a discussion I had with Robert, probably CW. I think that is the default direction unless there is a special circumstance.