Hastarock

TJs Grand Tour - Spring 2019, April 20, 9:30 am

The TJ Spring Grand Tour is happening.

(older post):

Probably the weekend of April 20 or thereafter.  

We’ll probably leave from Humble/ Kingwood area and return there (or just go away). 

Route north is set — from Sam Houston National Forest to Lake Livingston to points west. Return route is still under construction. Done  

😎

25882CA2-9E9D-43B8-A4D1-15FA55A68A2A.jpeg.3ecc36b271127f842be08ea901317b7e.jpeg

6 hours ago, Hastarock said:

The TJ Spring Grand Tour is happening.

Probably the weekend of April 20 or thereafter.  

We're out of town the 4/20 to 4/27 or so... going to see a volcano.

4 hours ago, robertcope said:

We're out of town the 4/20 to 4/27 or so... going to see a volcano.

Deerpark?

I won't be available for the 20th either.

Better responses than I expected!  Grand Tour is on for Saturday, April 20th, specific details to follow.  

Wife and I are driving our second exploratory leg of the <4hr tour on Thursday, so meetup and other details will follow. 

For those who can’t make the 20th, fear not, for we are going to do the Grand Tour again !  Before the Texas summer. And ...

why not?  

I used to enjoy the occasional SMD (Sunday Morning Drive) with the North Texas Audi group in DFW area.  2 way radios, mostly empty twisty roads early morning...good times.

Bit too much of a hike from Austin to y'all, especially since my car is not running at the moment.

My favorite street drive in the area is Brookshire/Cat Spring/New Ulm/Frelsburg/Fayetteville.  Fayetteville used to have a good burger place in the town square that has lots of parking.  Then head to Round Top/Burton/ and the south side of lake Somerville.  From there you can take backroads south into Chappel Hill or north towards Navasota.  If you head north then you have to hit up 3090 which is a fun twisty road.  I used to ride this every weekend years back when I was into superbikes.  

So far, 11 TJs have input their preferences on the poll.

I picked up 3 radios, and the first leg is complete, still trying to stay under 4 hours. 

Tour starts at McDonalds, at 9:30 am.   It’s on the feeder, 25651 Us Hwy 59 N
KingwoodTX 77339

We drove the second leg today, but I’m not thrilled yet.  We visited TWS today, it’s interesting, but it’s more than a 4-hr circuit, and I’m still exploring.  These things, however, are locked in for this particular Grand Tour:

130F6FBB-B182-4CE4-BE96-E83030E8A29F.jpeg

AD45A553-11B9-497A-8F63-B0AD1E934F54.jpeg

Maybe I can borrow one of @robertcope's (Honda) rides since he won't be using them that day!!!! j/k, LOL!

The only "fun" car I have is on a trailer and doesn't see public roads. I may have to bring out the SH-AWD for this trip.

18 minutes ago, Arro said:

Maybe I can borrow one of @robertcope's (Honda) rides since he won't be using them that day!!!! j/k, LOL!

You're welcome to the S2K, honestly. It ain't much to look at but it drives great.

Check your calendar.  This Saturday.  

Tour starts at McDonalds, at 9:30 am.   It’s on the feeder, 25669 US Hwy 59 N
KingwoodTX 77339

Just show up before 9:30 am.  After that, we’re gone 😎

Let’s drive 

A31EDCC1-A4FB-4EBD-ADB3-84E3FE41E9C5.gif

It’s windy roads through the forest, then up the west side of Lake Livingston, then Rt. 190 over to Huntsville, BBQ lunch, then non-highway, non-toll roads back to 1488 and Kingwood. 

Might be just John Candler and us, might be ten more, you never know  😎

1 hour ago, Shuka said:

Out - going to DFW area to pick up another Miata...

You gotta have priorities!  You need another Miata.   ; )

21 hours ago, Hastarock said:

It’s windy roads through the forest, then up the west side of Lake Livingston, then Rt. 190 over to Huntsville, BBQ lunch, then non-highway, non-toll roads back to 1488 and Kingwood. 

Might be just John Candler and us, might be ten more, you never know  😎

Christina and I will be there in the new toy!