V6Donut

NASA @ COTA May 3-5 2019

1 hour ago, joesurf79 said:

Come on then! It's in your backyard now 😉 doooo eeetttt...I've never driven COTA. 

I just did with PCA.  I will probably do it again with PCA in June...  or is it July?  

Is there a process to get checked off for time trials for 2020?  

4 hours ago, jktx said:

Is there a process to get checked off for time trials for 2020?  

why wait that long?  get with Chase and arrange a check ride now in TT.

20 hours ago, Thundermoose said:

why wait that long?  get with Chase and arrange a check ride now in TT.

Didn't know if there was a progression or anything like that you had to go through - or if just a matter of a check ride.  Was hoping to get it done next week at COTA to be all ready to go next year so that would be sweet to be able to get a check ride set up then.  Could you please PM me Chase's contact info?  Have not talked with him before.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, jktx said:

Didn't know if there was a progression or anything like that you had to go through - or if just a matter of a check ride.  Was hoping to get it done next week at COTA to be all ready to go next year so that would be sweet to be able to get a check ride set up then.  Could you please PM me Chase's contact info?  Have not talked with him before.

Thanks!

He's on here as  @V6Donut

15 hours ago, Thundermoose said:

He's on here as  @V6Donut

I'm in the same boat as @jktx . Being a total unknown to the NASA Org, I signed up for HPDE2 and a check ride. Not sure if they'll ride with me and sign off on TT right away or not, or what the protocol is though. Reached out to @V6Donut via PM to get some details as well, in case he missed this thread. Hoping to hear back soon - I want to TT and talk smack like the cool kids too ;) !

replied to all, 

@jktx feel free to call text also, sadly working in the shop so computer is limited.  

281-840-2125 

5 hours ago, V6Donut said:

replied to all, 

@jktx feel free to call text also, sadly working in the shop so computer is limited.  

281-840-2125 

Much appreciated!

How does Friday work - is there a set schedule?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, jktx said:

How does Friday work - is there a set schedule?

Thanks!

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/COTA-Friday-Schedule-2019.pdf

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-COTA-Schedule-V1.pdf

The schedules are usually posted on the event page at nasaproracing.com. Be sure to double check as we get closer to the event because sometimes there are last minute changes. 

11 hours ago, AdamEvo said:

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/COTA-Friday-Schedule-2019.pdf

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-COTA-Schedule-V1.pdf

The schedules are usually posted on the event page at nasaproracing.com. Be sure to double check as we get closer to the event because sometimes there are last minute changes. 

Awesome, thanks

I didn't see on the schedule for Friday, if it was possible to drop off a car / trailer Friday afternoon, if you're going to be running Saturday / Sunday. That has to be possible, right?

17 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

I didn't see on the schedule for Friday, if it was possible to drop off a car / trailer Friday afternoon, if you're going to be running Saturday / Sunday. That has to be possible, right?

Yes or course. 

The question is when on Thursday do we have access?

Get ya rains mounted, boys and girls.  Just doesn't look clear for the week.

8 hours ago, lobster said:

well that was fun.

Had fun hanging on Saturday, too! Need to get the Lexus prepped for TT, even if it won't be competitive.

6 hours ago, robertcope said:

Had fun hanging on Saturday, too! Need to get the Lexus prepped for TT, even if it won't be competitive.

I thought I saw you out there!  I was shuttling between instructing and racing so I didn't have much time to hang out during the day.  After swapping hubs saturday afternoon I had a couple drinks at dinner and went down hard.

16 hours ago, lobster said:

well that was fun. 

No lie, you were the MVP this weekend.  big thanks to you. 

First time at COTA, first time with NASA, had a great time! Maybe not a great lap time (2:41.83) but a great time was had nonetheless :) Also, I'm slowly headed your way TT crowd. Just saying.

55 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

First time at COTA, first time with NASA, had a great time! Maybe not a great lap time (2:41.83) but a great time was had nonetheless 🙂 Also, I'm slowly headed your way TT crowd. Just saying.

Has anyone told you that you should go to Hallett?   

First time with NASA also - that was a lot of fun.  Really enjoyed the step up in atmosphere & energy vs a typical HPDE.  Liked the racing environment, all the awesome builds & teams, well run event, & good people. 

Also got checked into TT - looking forward to running in some future events.  Is it normal for a low turnout in TT3 though?  Only one entry this weekend...

And was also warned to watch out for someone named lobster in a white corvette when I run TT...

13 minutes ago, jktx said:

First time with NASA also - that was a lot of fun.  Really enjoyed the step up in atmosphere & energy vs a typical HPDE.  Liked the racing environment, all the awesome builds & teams, well run event, & good people. 

Also got checked into TT - looking forward to running in some future events.  Is it normal for a low turnout in TT3 though?  Only one entry this weekend...

And was also warned to watch out for someone named lobster in a white corvette when I run TT...

TT3'ers will show up...if there are more TT3'ers.  

4 hours ago, lobster said:

Has anyone told you that you should go to Hallett?   

Nope, no one. Not one single time. Should I? Kansas is a far drive for weak beer 😉

Also, did anyone else see the NSX in the paddock with the Accord V6 badges on it ? Style and a sense of humor - I dig it!

1 hour ago, jktx said:

Turn out varies from event to event. At Cresson in March we had 6 in TT3. Thundermoose runs TT3. Maybe if we are lucky he will grace us with his presence at Hallett.