V6Donut

NASA @ COTA May 3-5 2019

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

You're still here?  There's no west coast tracks section for a reason...

Price goes up Friday. Idk what's up with registrations or if people are waiting to sign up... no CMC/AI and only 2 SMs.

Working on convincing the wife it's a good idea to let me run this event. Eventual goal is to play TT and then go racing down the road. Have to start getting curbstomped sometime, might as well be at COTA sooner rather than later...

In to help @EJensen and/or @JBJonesswap transmissions if I get to come out -  I predict I'll need reciprosity at some point haha! ;)

16 hours ago, Vinnieb said:

Price goes up Friday. Idk what's up with registrations or if people are waiting to sign up... no CMC/AI and only 2 SMs.

Personally not attending due to: SCCA format (two races for the weekend) without SCCA prices, combined with COTA being boring in an SM (esp. small field SM) multiplied by COTA, killer of hubs and transmissions.

I will be there - first NASA event for me.  Like @joesurf79 I plan to run TT soon so got to start somewhere.  Registered for HPDE 3 hoping to get checked off for TT but really have no idea what to expect.  Signed up for Friday too & also will be doing the drifting class there with the AMG academy on Thursday - nice little extended weekend at COTA!

Last week there were 6 people signed up for comp license, now only two. HPDE prices are not bad but racing price ouch. 

11 hours ago, lobster said:

Drifting class?????????

Yup, seems like a good way to work on my car control skills.  Plus it just sounds like it should be a freaking riot.  Their car, their tires, and with instruction... yes please!

https://www.amgacademy.com/program  on the bottom of the page

Green lit to sign up :) Are the run groups self assigned? I haven't run with NASA before, and I imagine that they'll just put me wherever they feel like anyway until they feel me out? Emailed [email protected] for his thoughts.

56 minutes ago, joesurf79 said:

Green lit to sign up 🙂 Are the run groups self assigned? I haven't run with NASA before, and I imagine that they'll just put me wherever they feel like anyway until they feel me out? Emailed [email protected] for his thoughts.

are you not in TT? 

Just now, joesurf79 said:

Green lit to sign up 🙂 Are the run groups self assigned? I haven't run with NASA before, and I imagine that they'll just put me wherever they feel like anyway until they feel me out? Emailed [email protected] for his thoughts.

you might want to reach out to @V6Donut instead

3 hours ago, lobster said:

are you not in TT? 

Nerp. Not yet at least - never run a NASA event so they don't know me, and i still need to get the car on a dyno / weighed in time. Does the facility at MSRH have a dyno ? Do they handle that stuff? 

4 minutes ago, clifton23 said:

Hell..  I kinda want to come now and play with Joe

Come on then! It's in your backyard now 😉 doooo eeetttt...I've never driven COTA. 

1 hour ago, joesurf79 said:

Nerp. Not yet at least - never run a NASA event so they don't know me, and i still need to get the car on a dyno / weighed in time. Does the facility at MSRH have a dyno ? Do they handle that stuff? 

There is a dyno there, just call ahead and make sure it's up and running / available. If you try and knock it out on the test day prior to the race weekend, you may want to book it in advance..

As for weight, you should be able to grab that when you corner balance.