robertcope

Chin @ MSRH - 04/13/2019 - 04/14/2019

New member here.  I'm out but only because I need to get up to par.  It's been 13 year since i've raced anything and just picked up a car to start back up again.  I'll need to go through all of the newb stuff first.

Perhaps later this year I'll start up.  I need to get the car and get it tuned up a bit.

11 hours ago, Talley said:

New member here.  I'm out but only because I need to get up to par.  It's been 13 year since i've raced anything and just picked up a car to start back up again.  I'll need to go through all of the newb stuff first.

Perhaps later this year I'll start up.  I need to get the car and get it tuned up a bit.

Understood.  No problem.  Guest at MSRH then?

11 hours ago, Talley said:

You can always drive out to the track and get pumped up, catch a ride and hang out :P

I'll have to do that.  With 4 kids and working petrochemical 60-70hrs a week life is pretty busy let alone all the projects I have at the house that are mostly self inflicted.

Thanks for the heads up on that.  I'll definitely want to come get a feel for what the days are like out there.

40 minutes ago, strengthrehab said:

Looks like a shitty weekend with rain. Yay (not). 

We don't know that yet Eeyore.  

I have a room at the best western in angleton (2 queen beds) if anyone wants to split the room with me.   

2 hours ago, Hastarock said:

Camping.  You motorhomimg?

That's my only trailer, so I'll have facilities to camp by default.

12 hours ago, strengthrehab said:

Looks like a shitty weekend with rain. Yay (not). 

Wow. After COTA last weekend, I thought we had seen all the thunderstorms available.  Chin deserves a break. 

05698422-5929-4F5B-BB41-E223E0DFBCDD.jpeg

This will be my first HPDE event, praying to the rain & thunder gods to not ruin it. 🙏

9 hours ago, dasauto88 said:

This will be my first HPDE event, praying to the rain & thunder gods to not ruin it. 🙏

Rain / wet track is an outstanding learning experience (he says, while seething on the insides when it's a drenched weekend)

3 hours ago, KevinDB said:

Rain / wet track is an outstanding learning experience (he says, while seething on the insides when it's a drenched weekend)

Wet weather can be fun! (scrambling to get some tires with some sort of grooving mounted on the spare wheels, while cursing his car that lacks windows. Thanks door bars!)

Well, now... that's just showing off Robert 😉(adds washing massive pollen layer off car to prep list...)

Setting up camp Friday. Gates are open until 10 pm. 

On 4/9/2019 at 5:12 PM, robertcope said:

I'm ready...

KJG1tfxpf7UoJqisSfiIc2vtRRHQp8VtWTvIAzaVHt3dziO32jKlQzoTa9lIWB68O2MnjO3NxF3KjBVHh_8KwJfzTFJXDlDbgwET1cSh2Vyo5WgGWNBA--QyKmM_lRLxCkbqm7jw7ILR2qBZ_67PyF-yIbk3sN5koFlwhBGNat-RZfcpLUUh-OKuxa0uG84YDOvv-XUI1U5O9OpAqTWKa-vxZjDHkIFE8EolhK-g7iVsBBQ5ZTzzMpR_dLWjmzUaSpOdJ-PaVEHxSaMivNaqvIF0gHbg6CuMHxdthP5pU8kILTzq_-txpPAp_xGAUd7ACwCjEYkFbWwy9kt5UXhZx2norL2rHrlyr73KwWBlWCyudtQnkfiGqsbnxG2J5ipLMu5VcSykVWgcrLjNufHTfr1EKtjCj5nEz5Cj2cxyWY73Xti-JUrS9eJyA4e46CvvTxUUYO76lpnrH6L02N-v9urBtRSvKBRgn88qshv25xTAp3f62zdOeNBr8AQ6a8JI4iQgOItb3Gsv12JCMSimbpvDscs-4D6aYwf9N9CweU6z4RK5WhjLoSj8RPcZG22gnGjdgOs1Hchm6DKehEHZ-nhMpRfLNjhyxgUEFuyIFVZAOhPyBvnZDKptM8386djQPglWxnAoSvvau5NceJi7uFILsWlsNHMh=w2183-h1638-no

yXrDEyjODAWv8nw4DdFrZ5ywWiZcpxitEefk4AfzDyT8HXSKL59113Np5T2gQiKF6gUG9FeiMNru_ChOnD6vTfRvoKZuuPCbKnWE6BbBVb5pgyul3DfIS-tkTmrKr69CubuWop-9blZBvdMy677b5gcHpfGvjS_c_ZBOYUxVOrsgDEI92ioNqENPZnYKPe-TfASWCd4xiCzThE9VzTXqhMrWHAmI5753kgV2LJyhn2Qw9vSa2_5trXwEJpt9xvXjkJXKElKVStvWqDLYxnQ3q8R6keBfjdmq4SjH2-W3VUmh9sZVLmW01rui_xYi-r5D_jDxeZvT5HwJ-lI89yMei7fth2J2iuTU1pwbu92243Yaadv2voWhK0EzDzpnlD8dIzxZeU9xps1VLB5ISuHqGBccFIdjWbzCDmzsgFUke3DQpt4153yW_Fy4K9I8Duu_7kV1JgICurmVA3Zj-EJDSx0Rv-KVrKj9xcCEoz9fe4UZAZQ99Lj-s3ER4BnuPlvUWbLvOHUtiyKaO-9wQuoTsfcZ9CSS5p8fWpdweQ9BuStHrg_N25vw2Nv9XS4DrFZfQ9FopmieSRQGVNwdjqoI0dCAkriO0JKHc-Lg4VNd8SGiPOKma3NeYLU_Z_53v2F8wmmTgr_FRE20n7rOzEt9zz8KhALwyRH_=w2183-h1638-no

I find it interesting that your kiddo wears a helmet to wash your car...I'm guessing you tend to throw things if they do it wrong?

😛

3 hours ago, lobster said:

you notice the helmet I notice the orange peel,  you would think Honda would put a little more care in their upper trim accords. 

The only "orange peel" (which is really just bad paint) is on the front bumper, which has been resprayed before and isn't in great shape. I plan to drop the car off at some point and let them redo that and a few other bits.

11 hours ago, Hastarock said:

Setting up camp Friday. Gates are open until 10 pm. 

The Chin email said some BS about no drop off Friday evening blah, blah...I need to bolt my splitter and bumper on the car after I get it off the trailer. I'd rather do that Friday night and leave the car there overnight than try to do it in the dark Saturday morning. Think that would fly under the radar, or is MSRH going to revolt if I unload my car and bail? 

I've driven the car to all the previous Chin events I've done, but it didnt have the Franken splitter, so #newsplitterandtrailerproblems

The Chin rental doesn’t start until Saturday morning. Another event on Friday would keep non-members out until after 5pm. 

1 hour ago, robertcope said:

The only "orange peel" (which is really just bad paint) is on the front bumper, which has been resprayed before and isn't in great shape. I plan to drop the car off at some point and let them redo that and a few other bits.

now i feel bad  😞 i was joking about orange peel the paint looks fine to me.  

I was planning on dropping off friday afternoon/evening... so is it or is it not okay to do that?