AhmadHasib

2002-2004 C5 Z06 vs 2005-2007 C6 Z51

20 hours ago, lobster said:

One of the more popular Corvette tuners is England Green.   

https://www.englandgreen.com

They were the closest to my office. Gave him a call, sounds like a very friendly guy. Dropping it off to him today.

Great news. The car came with an MGW short throw shifter, but the top half was the MGW, and bottom half was the stock box plate. Mixing and matching was making it really hard to shift. They threw a factory C6 shifter in and its shifting like butter now. Thanks for the reference Lobster.

On a side note, I've been driving the Vette around to work and home. The amount of power this car has compared to the lawn mower Miata is ridiculous. I feel like I'm going to have to relearn how to drive.

Took the Corvette out to MSR Houston today. The car is a ton of fun, but I think I've been spoiled by the Miata! Street tires, factory suspension, and factory leather seats gave me no grip inside or outside the car.

I'm no where near used to the amount if power the Corvette makes. I spent most of my sessions locked in 4th gear just figuring out the new braking zones. I didn't want to dump too much more into this car, but looks like I'll need a fixed seat, square wheels and tires, and at minimum shocks from the C6 to give me a bit more confidence. 

Or I can buy my Miata back 😂

Down the rabbit hole I go!

lol  I want a miata for a daily now.  

Glad you got the shifting sorted! 

Well that didn't last very long. The Vette is sold!

Took the Vette our for a few track days. The car was fun, but I really missed the Miata everytime I was on the track. Something about driving the Miata as hard as you possibly could was a lot more fun than the Corvette, even if the Miata was doing slower lap times. The guy I sold my Miata to was also in the market to sell. Figured I can buy it back and get back into the Miata scene. 

Good news is, I sold the Vette. 

Bad news is, he's already parted out the hard top, roll bar, harnesses, wheels, and coilovers. So buying back my old Miata is out of the picture. Now I'm sitting without a toy. 

Back in the market for a track ready Miata/s2000/etc. Something in that light weight category that's fun to drive balls out. Keep me posted if anything catches your eye. 

#Ragrats

13 minutes ago, AhmadHasib said:

Well that didn't last very long. The Vette is sold!

Took the Vette our for a few track days. The car was fun, but I really missed the Miata everytime I was on the track. Something about driving the Miata as hard as you possibly could was a lot more fun than the Corvette, even if the Miata was doing slower lap times. The guy I sold my Miata to was also in the market to sell. Figured I can buy it back and get back into the Miata scene. 

Good news is, I sold the Vette. 

Bad news is, he's already parted out the hard top, roll bar, harnesses, wheels, and coilovers. So buying back my old Miata is out of the picture. Now I'm sitting without a toy. 

Back in the market for a track ready Miata/s2000/etc. Something in that light weight category that's fun to drive balls out. Keep me posted if anything catches your eye. 

#Ragrats

I haz miata I'll be selling soon since I finally got an SC400. 97 with BP4W and MSM cam, MS3 ecu, Xidas, sways, 4.78 torsen, FM oil cooler, 15x9 205 R7s, 15x8 205 Conti ECS, full interior, power windows, a/c.

Bad news: It's in Sacramento.

Good(ish) news: I need to pickup another miata in Houston anyways.

53419610_10205987924454998_2124530092934692864_o.jpg

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

I haz miata I'll be selling soon since I finally got an SC400. 97 with BP4W and MSM cam, MS3 ecu, Xidas, sways, 4.78 torsen, FM oil cooler, 15x9 205 R7s, 15x8 205 Conti ECS, full interior, power windows, a/c.

Bad news: It's in Sacramento.

Good(ish) news: I need to pickup another miata in Houston anyways.

53419610_10205987924454998_2124530092934692864_o.jpg

Pmed with my number. Send me a text with some more details. Fanks

Welcome back (soon) to Miata paradise! Yours are the same reasons (including consumable cost) I sold my c5z and got into a Miata.  Good luck on the hunt for a car, Cabowabo's setup looks pretty awesome.

Saw this pop up on MT the other day: https://www.miataturbo.net/cars-sale-trade-6/95-miata-seattle-xida-blackbird-fabworx-flyin-miata-etc-101021/ 

Obligatory "or buy my miata" plug: I have two for sale! One Spec Miata, one stock NC (throw a roll bar in it and bye).

6 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

Obligatory "or buy my miata" plug: I have two for sale! One Spec Miata, one stock NC (throw a roll bar in it and bye).

Go on! Git! Do you want me to drive moonshine all the way to Houston and pick up my damn miata or what?!

16 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Go on! Git! Do you want me to drive moonshine all the way to Houston and pick up my damn miata or what?!

tenor_(2).gif

12 hours ago, Hollywood said:

Buy his, swap in a 2.5 like mine