vchengap

Miatas at Hallett 2019

Looks like registration opened today for the Sept 6 - 7 (Friday - Saturday) Miatas @ Hallett event.

I've never run at Hallett and would like to go this year.  But i noticed that Friday registration is limited only to drivers with previous Hallett experience.  Does anyone know if they'll make an exception for people like me with a decent amount of HPDE experience?

I'd prefer not to make the drive up there for a one-day-only event.

I don't know, but you could contact Connie and ask her.  

Connie L. Stephens
59901 E 55 Rd
Jennings, OK 74038
Track 918-356-4814
Office 918-585-1900

The event this year will allow cars other than Miatas if they are sufficiently "Miata-ish".  S2000s, FRS/BRZ, Minis, etc.  I think the intent is to limit it to lower horsepower small light cars.

I went the last three years, and it was a lot of fun.  Saturday only my first time, both days the last two years.

There's an Apex 3.1 on that Saturday.  I was thinking I might do that instead this year.  Haven't decided yet.

Looks like registration opened today for the Sept 6 - 7 (Friday - Saturday) Miatas @ Hallett event.

I've never run at Hallett and would like to go this year. But i noticed that Friday registration is limited only to drivers with previous Hallett experience. Does anyone know if they'll make an exception for people like me with a decent amount of HPDE experience?

I'd prefer not to make the drive up there for a one-day-only event.

Just going to play devils advocate here as I went to many of these years past, just don’t mention it.

Keep the awareness at 200% and follow someone for a session or two. You won’t be any worse than 50% of the people there anyways as for most this is a special once-a-year pilgrimage to a track.

Be safe...but lick the stamp

On 3/1/2019 at 2:39 PM, vchengap said:

I've never run at Hallett and would like to go this year.  But i noticed that Friday registration is limited only to drivers with previous Hallett experience.  Does anyone know if they'll make an exception for people like me with a decent amount of HPDE experience?

I think that dates back several years to when the Arkansas Miata club hosted the event.

For the last several years, Friday has been CW and Saturday CCW.  Call Connie and talk to her about your experience level.  Offer up that you'll do a check ride with someone she knows.

But enter.  It is a fun event.

Last year there were a few Minis, but almost all  were in Novice group.  The one seriously prepared Mini broke early

Thanks. I’m signed up for both days. Always excited to try a new track.

10 minutes ago, vchengap said:

There will be a bunch of DFW people there.  Track Dog always brings a contingent.

And several of us will be in "Race Port" #12.  Stop by and say Hi    http://www.hallettracing.net/track/rent-a-raceport/

We try to do a group dinner (for DFW folks, open to all) Thurs and Fri nites

and several of us trailer up Thursday afternoon

meet in Ardmore if you are interested

28 minutes ago, nealb said:

There will be a bunch of DFW people there.  Track Dog always brings a contingent.

And several of us will be in "Race Port" #12.  Stop by and say Hi    http://www.hallettracing.net/track/rent-a-raceport/

We try to do a group dinner (for DFW folks, open to all) Thurs and Fri nites

and several of us trailer up Thursday afternoon

meet in Ardmore if you are interested

Cool. I’m working a full day on Thursday so I’ll be getting in late Thursday night. Will definitely come say hi at the event. 

4 hours ago, vchengap said:

I'm going to try to go up for the October 25-27 HPDE there where they will run both directions during the event.  New track to me, too.  Let me know how you like it compared to MSRC.

1 hour ago, RUQWIKR said:

I'm going to try to go up for the October 25-27 HPDE there where they will run both directions during the event.  New track to me, too.  Let me know how you like it compared to MSRC.

From watching YouTube videos, it seems like a really fun track with a good flow. Runoff area seems decent but probably less room for error compared to MSRC. I don't plan on hitting any tire walls though.

16 hours ago, vchengap said:

From watching YouTube videos, it seems like a really fun track with a good flow. Runoff area seems decent but probably less room for error compared to MSRC. I don't plan on hitting any tire walls though.

Hallett is a great track - also my home track... You'll have a blast.

I was thinking about taking my Atom, but I'm ending up doing the Apex event on the 3.1 @ MSRC instead.

21 hours ago, vchengap said:

I don't plan on hitting any tire walls though.

No one ever does 😂

13 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

No one ever does 😂

If it does happen, I'm posting the video here first 🤣

39 minutes ago, vchengap said:

If it does happen, I'm posting the video here first 🤣

Such is the price of TJism!!