Sign in to follow this  
IanIsInGarage

I need a tow trailer location close to Garland

So I live 75228, which is i635 and Ferguson in Dallas.  One of my best friends has been holding my trailer in Weatherford. Every time I want to use it i'm slammed with 2.5 hours round trip getting it, and 2.5 hours round trip bringing it back. Totally cramping my style. If anyone had land I could park my locked nice trailer at I would grateful either with dinner or $ or mechanic service. Before I start considering using a uhaul lot which while their prolly cheap I've heard a lot of horror stories about prime places to loose a trailer in my area.

post-1828-0-55752500-1551101451_thumb.jpg

I pay $150 a month for storage off 35e and it's super secure and paved.  I have a 30 foot enclosed though so yours would be cheaper.

I pay $150 a month for storage off 35e and it's super secure and paved.  I have a 30 foot enclosed though so yours would be cheaper.

Nice idea. My neighbor used to store his Corvette at storage place. The game he played was 6-month move-in specials that they usually entice people in were way cheaper than full price. He was happy to jump from facility to facility every 6 months as it was no effort to relocate. Eventually found one who he told them about his game and offered to stay if the rate would stay cheap. Worked for him until he moved to the country

I have a 16ft trailer (19.5 total length) and it fits just fine in my garage, would that be an option?

I use a trailer/boat storage/self storage place in Lewisville. $70 a month.

I bought my own damn place in the country and store multiple trailers (of my own) back by my shop building.  booyah.

I bought my own damn place in the country and store multiple trailers (of my own) back by my shop building.  booyah.

Come August this is in the cards. I was just throwing a feeler to see if anyone had land for in the meantime for me.  Being a math nut this PITA round trip over the next 5 events cost me $120 gas + time; so even a cheap storage place is $840/yr.  So that's not happening.  

heh.. ya..  My financial outlay is about $850/month..   but that also includes the house, garage, driveway, etc etc..   But I currently have 8 cars and 2 trailers stored on the lot so if you figure the monthly storage costs of all that crap PLUS the cost of the house, I'm in pretty good standing. ;)

heh.. ya.. My financial outlay is about $850/month.. but that also includes the house, garage, driveway, etc etc.. But I currently have 8 cars and 2 trailers stored on the lot so if you figure the monthly storage costs of all that crap PLUS the cost of the house, I'm in pretty good standing. ;)

Yeah if you don’t mind hearing banjos, hour long commutes and losing small dogs and children to the wildlife...

Yeah if you don’t mind hearing banjos, hour long commutes and losing small dogs and children to the wildlife...

Children and small yap-yap dogs are overrated.

I hear race cars and cows, not banjos.  my 45 min commute is only a couple days a week, and I have large dogs that eat the wildlife and protect my children. :)

HA! Try living where I live. Just had my 5th breakin since August. Cops never do anything other than wasting my time. Put up expensive ass HD cameras and the footage still doesn't give them anything. Helicopters over my place all the time. Went to local church meeting with Sergeant and found out I live like 1 block from a massive corporation sponsored prostitution ring that they've been in litigation with for over a year trying to shut down.  Also people love calling ubers over here and robbing drivers at gun point. Speaking of "pop pop". I thought it was random fireworks for months before my brother who used to live in Chicago let me know.  Sure when I lived in country drunk idiots would fire off shots in the air; but over here it's at businesses and peoples cars.  Lesson learned, don't pull trigger on a rental house from Hawaii vacation.   

HA! Try living where I live. Just had my 5th breakin since August. Cops never do anything other than wasting my time. Put up expensive ass HD cameras and the footage still doesn't give them anything. Helicopters over my place all the time. Went to local church meeting with Sergeant and found out I live like 1 block from a massive corporation sponsored prostitution ring that they've been in litigation with for over a year trying to shut down.  Also people love calling ubers over here and robbing drivers at gun point. Speaking of "pop pop". I thought it was random fireworks for months before my brother who used to live in Chicago let me know.  Sure when I lived in country drunk idiots would fire off shots in the air; but over here it's at businesses and peoples cars.  Lesson learned, don't pull trigger on a rental house from Hawaii vacation.   

What part of Dallas do you live in so I know to avoid that part of town?

Shit like that is why I avoid town.

I hear regular gunfire in my area, but it's because target practice, hogs, or deer.  not because of miscreants..

our hood has had a few issues with break-ins, but it's been few and far between, and I have a feeling those particular people were targeted for some reason or another.  the biggest problem we really have are the little teenage hoodlums turning on our outdoor water faucets and flooding the yard while we're out of town.  came home to a $300 water bill one time.

I'll counter that 45 minute commute with a place where I don't have to lock my doors at night.

I-635 and Ferguson. Technically Dallas, but very close to Garland.

If you are willing to pay for a spot, the closer you look to Lake Ray Hubbard you will find some boat / trailer storage places with more reasonable prices. 

This place shouldn't be too far and could get a spot for $70.

http://lonestarselfstorage.com/location/rowlett/

If you looked in Dallas you would probably end up spending >$100 for storage.