Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

WRL @ Barber - March 16 & 17 (2019)

TJ Update (pics when we get home)

Day 1: Had the pace and position for a podium, possibly a win - then our transmission threw teeth everywhere and we lost third, fifth and then the rest. To make matters a little more challenging, the tab welded onto the lower control arm broke, rendering our front sway bar useless. 

We found a junk transmission in the paddock for $250, swapped it in on our backs, and made it back for Day 2:

Day 2: “new” transmission isn’t the best but it works. Driving around a set of Rival S tires (which suck) and no front sway. Licking the stamp and sending it today. 

Still no video from anyone closer to the incident, and unfortunately we didn't run video - so this looks to be about it.

Craaaaap!!! Ian was telling me about the incident last night - glad all involved are OK!!! Cars can be replaced....yeah, hurst financially but walking away is the main thing!!!

1 hour ago, Captain Buddha said:

but walking away is the main thing!!!

Feel fortunate to have walked away and even got a crossfit workout in yesterday, but the whole situation sucks. Very bummed for Sam and in general. 

Wow -- that Miata lived a charmed life -- looks to be just enough blind coming over that hill to be a Holy Shit moment.

10 minutes ago, lonestarrpm said:

Wow -- that Miata lived a charmed life -- looks to be just enough blind coming over that hill to be a Holy Shit moment.

It was. It was straight up a moment where time stopped as soon as the Cayman moved enough to reveal a car looking right back at me that couldn't be avoided. EDIT: Oh wait, if talking about red Miata, yeah, probably an oh shit moment for him, the infiniti, and the bimmer too.

Yes the red Miata -- not your's unfortunately!

Sorry about your car -- glad you were/are ok.

I had one of those o-shit moments at NOLA last month.

Chasing two 944's, one darted right, the other left and I was staring at the front of a SpecBoxster.  Fortunately it was a slow speed corner and I was able to follow one of the 944's around the outside.  I was like  -- what the hell are they doing .... oh shit .... 

It's amazing both how quickly and in slow mo it happens at the same time.

Re-tub -- and rock on!

26 minutes ago, lonestarrpm said:

Re-tub -- and rock on!

Not my car and unfortunately not that easy financially. The loss of that chassis has sidelined our enduro efforts for the foreseeable future 😞