BigMonkey73

TDE @ Cresson on 1.7 CW April 13th and 14th

Registration is open today!

I'm signed up. Not the biggest fan of CW direction, but testing for Red is my plan....so bring it on

Just signed up as well! Everytime I do the 1.7 CW I happen to always spin out at Buzzard Neck at least once during the weekend. It's time to break that streak. 

Pending a weekend long hall pass from the wife (which I imagine I can procure with an offering of diamonds, gold, or both) - I'll be there...driving like poop and wondering where any semblance of skill has gone while I was happily playing with the baby ;)

Car going to Doghouse next week. Having them wire up my AIM Solo 2 DL with the ECU for permanent power and so I can start getting data. I've used it twice so far since I bought it, but only lap times.

Also having them install some Track Spec vents, and that should finalize my cooling mods. Will be glad to check that off my list!

Fingers crossed that the weather holds up, I'll be looking for a check ride to Red promotion

My Dad's visiting from Aus. I've signed him up in my Mustang. He's never been on a track before, and I can't wait to show him this part of my world.

And I'll be there of course!

I'll be there as well! Third time I'm taking the Miata out and first time on the CW. I've been on the 1.3/1.7 and 3.1 plenty of times in the BRZ though. Hoping to get the check ride into Yellow/Solo this weekend. 

In - New SC break-in / tune

Sunday was great ya'll !! Saturday, not so much. "Great opportunity to practice car control" they said.  Hrmph!

10 hours ago, BigMonkey73 said:

Sunday was great ya'll !! Saturday, not so much. "Great opportunity to practice car control" they said.  Hrmph!

Must have been the music, a little too much boogey for the conditions.

Yeah, Saturday was a bummer. I bailed around noon since the afternoon forecast was still terrible and I had family in town. I figured it rather seem them than "maybe" drive later. If I had known it would clear up a bit, I would have stuck it out. I sure could have used the practice in the wet where I am terrible.

Sunday was great though. The first session was definitely a bit slick still, but once some heat and rubber built up things were pretty good. Got checked back to red which was nice. I haven't downloaded AIM data yet, but I think I got back down pretty close to my previous best time.

You have to embrace the rain!  It's the best time to learn car control.  There ended up being a dry session in there too on Saturday.

Cresson in the rain is different fun, searching and finding grip.  There are spots that I found that most did not where grip was plentiful.  I wasn't running the normal "wet" line.

Yep, I ran the semi dry session on Saturday too. Better, but i was still chicken and didn't push too hard at all.

I almost went back to the hotel after lunch on Saturday, but i changed my mind at the last minute and stuck it out. Glad I didn't get stuck in the mud anywhere at least!

1 hour ago, clifton23 said:

You have to embrace the rain!  It's the best time to learn car control.  There ended up being a dry session in there too on Saturday.

Cresson in the rain is different fun, searching and finding grip.  There are spots that I found that most did not where grip was plentiful.  I wasn't running the normal "wet" line.

Cliff's brain has some sort of "grip divining lobe" that science has yet to figure out. Sum Beech would still be quick on corded tires if you dumped coolant at different random places every lap. Or at least he'd be sideways and grinning :cool: