Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jalop Article with Pictures - 1st Houses going up

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

EricJ

EricJ

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX
  • Track Vehicle:'99 Miata

https://jalopnik.com...stor-1832209109

'99 Emerald Green Miata - NASA TX TTE 2015 Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,886 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400

I feel like we've gotten better pictures from @N546RV, including some with actual houses in them.

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3
The owner is considering opening the short course. I don’t think I’d want to drive on the short course

I'm a lost soul.

Bruce

Bruce

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Either build the fucking subdivision or keep it a track. Developer is a fucking idiot. Nobody is going to buy a house with the track stuff in the back yard, ESPECIALLY if they open the short course again.

I wonder what house is going to get built on the sinkhole?

Pete

Pete

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:'17 Grand Sport

I was on the short course once in 2000 for a California Superbike School event.  Fast exit through turn 3 isn't rewarded in that config....nor is an inside pass going in.

It was a drag race down the front straight, make a U-turn, run through some S's, make a U-turn, and drag race down the straight again.  I'd sign up and run it though before passing final judgement.  

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

Any of you DFW'ers remember Green Valley Raceway? It was a local drag strip in Smithfield (NRH/Keller area). I'd go out there in my high school (pre-racing days) years and watch folks drag race. You could hear them running on the weekend from our patio...was a glorious, but run down, place! So - you guessed it...suburban sprawl...now its covered by a bunch of houses...we'd still go out there and check it out before it was totally gone, I used to have this thing for abandoned places. Trans Am even raced there back in the day...progress, eh? Or regression....

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

RUQWIKR

RUQWIKR

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationRockwall, TX
  • Track Vehicle:17 SS 1LE

Any of you DFW'ers remember Green Valley Raceway? It was a local drag strip in Smithfield (NRH/Keller area). I'd go out there in my high school (pre-racing days) years and watch folks drag race. You could hear them running on the weekend from our patio...was a glorious, but run down, place! So - you guessed it...suburban sprawl...now its covered by a bunch of houses...we'd still go out there and check it out before it was totally gone, I used to have this thing for abandoned places. Trans Am even raced there back in the day...progress, eh? Or regression....

Drag raced there a few times before it closed.  Here's a cool old video link my son sent me a while back of the 1984 Trans Am race there...

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

The owner is considering opening the short course. I don’t think I’d want to drive on the short course

Either build the fucking subdivision or keep it a track. Developer is a fucking idiot. Nobody is going to buy a house with the track stuff in the back yard, ESPECIALLY if they open the short course again.

I wonder what house is going to get built on the sinkhole?

I was on the short course once in 2000 for a California Superbike School event.  Fast exit through turn 3 isn't rewarded in that config....nor is an inside pass going in.

It was a drag race down the front straight, make a U-turn, run through some S's, make a U-turn, and drag race down the straight again.  I'd sign up and run it though before passing final judgement.  

I've run the short course a couple times.  SCCA used to have to run it on race days when they didn't have enough corner workers to staff the long course.

I also ran it at my SCCA comp school.  I had a ton of fun running 2-wide through the entire back section with Adam Poland in his Spec Miata and Derek Kulach in one of their 350Zs..   

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

phm14

phm14

Loves the Smell of Track

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2018 Porsche 911C2 manual

My first on track experience happened at TWS, with many HPDEs and OTDs to follow. Many fond memories of cars and laps gone by. On the bright side, there's COTA :)

Pete
Dealing with addiction one lap at a time.