Sign in to follow this  
BigMonkey73

Long shot...track lost and found?

This is a stretch, but I lost 2 center caps off my wheels at Cresson last weekend. I don't suppose there is a chance someone who cleans up the track found them and turned them in... eh?

They're probably out in the grass, no one really picks up stuff that's not on the track surface or big enough to notice.

Ya that makes sense. I guess it's like when I grill. Sometimes something falls through the grill grates and it just becomes a sacrifice to the food gods.

Lesson learned. I saw a little trick where someone used silicone to help the caps adhere so that they dont fall off when the heat makes the metal expand.

Gonna give that a try and cross my fingers

I overheard some of the track workers talking about neat stuff they've recovered out there. It couldn't hurt to call and ask.

Ya that makes sense. I guess it's like when I grill. Sometimes something falls through the grill grates and it just becomes a sacrifice to the food gods.

Lesson learned. I saw a little trick where someone used silicone to help the caps adhere so that they dont fall off when the heat makes the metal expand.

Gonna give that a try and cross my fingers

Probably should just take the caps off before heading out on track. That's actually a rule in some orgs, even if not enforced very strictly.

At the end of the race day / weekend the cleanup crew will many times dump a bunch of found parts by the pit wall...it's always interesting....

At the end of the race day / weekend the cleanup crew will many times dump a bunch of found parts by the pit wall...it's always interesting....

Yeah that's what I gathered by listening to the trackworkers talk. Apparently 911 chin spoilers are real common :)

Probably should just take the caps off before heading out on track. That's actually a rule in some orgs, even if not enforced very strictly.

Agreed. Just didn't think of it

^ That sucks lol

I was expecting the same...I already got a pair of replacements and chalk it up to a lesson learned. I wish these kinds of lessons didn't cost money every time