Sign in to follow this  
HispanicPanic

Thread sealant for gas lines

Tee'ing off the 5/16 SAE quick disconnects on the OEM fuel lines. The fitting i bought has NPT, was just wondering if anyone knows of any good thread sealant that won't break down over time. I've heard mixed things about yellow teflon tape (that its made for gas gas, not gasoline).  I've also heard mixed things about blue loctite. 

Yellow teflon is your best bet. I've used it for fuel pressure gauges on the rail and fittings and stuff and never had an issue.

Yellow teflon is your best bet. I've used it for fuel pressure gauges on the rail and fittings and stuff and never had an issue.

Thx, I'll just go for the yellow Teflon. I assume it's safe for ethanol blends too?

Another option to consider...

https://www.amazon.com/Gasoila-FasSeal-Anaerobic-Thread-Sealant/dp/B00CRKVL2W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547222856&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=gasolia+fasseal+ats

Its basically blue Loctite for petroleum applications so should be fine for ethanol, regardless if its bio or synthetic since they have the same hydrocarbon chemical makeup. I don't have first hand experience using it in an ethanol application but its never let me down in pump or race gas applications.