Guest lobster

Street tire class NASA

Heck, why not give it a chance? I think ultimately it will encourage more participation in TT, which means more contingency, and more people that end up in ST doing actual racing.

Worst case everyone hates it and we declare it a failed experiment, but I honestly think we'll have fun with it.

That's the spirit! Worst case everyone blames me for this idea and I get tarred and feathered. ;)

We're on version 3 of the trophies, and I think people will like them. The end of year prizes are gonna be cool.

I'm willing to give it a whirl, im on a mission to beat @@kfennell at least one event this season so no 200tw for me.   Though I can't say ill run the entire TT season this go as im prepping the car for ST because im an idiot.    

also lol @@Vorshlag-Fair good ol' leo alexander (TT2 audi in your pic) in between forgetting my transponder, dealing with traffic and then the car breaking he cost me my only real good lap.    fuck that guy him and other terry.  

They should start a 0TW series where the only way to win is to not participate. 

Yea I have nothing good to say about that Audi.... he was the rolling roadblock of Nationals. ;)

http://www.vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8517

If my writing thus far hasn't #Triggered you, feel free to read our "2019 NASA TT Rules Review" and "Beginners Guide to NASA TT". Some or all of this will be remedial to those of you already running NASA TT, of course.

Cheers,

There was nothing stopping these people from competing in the first place. Hell, the person winning TTE most events of the past two seasons was on RR's. RC1's (and the faster cheater 200's) were already completely viable for a podium locally. Under ST rules you not only get to run a wider tire (vs the hoosier getting a free pass in PT), but you also get a +.5 mod. It doesn't make up for the lack of grip, but it's more than PT allowed. This talk of 100TW tires being faster than cheater 200's is nonsense. Maybe cheater 100's that aren't avaiable for most vehicles are faster than cheater 200's, but your typical 100TW (NT01, RC1, R888R) isn't faster than a Rival S / RE71R. They are, however, faster than RS4, VR-1, ZII, Rival (non-S) etc as those are true 200TW and it shows in their being 1-2 seconds slower per lap and greater life. That's why you'll find many enduro teams running RS4's. They last all 16 hours (both days) and likely an entire 24hr on a Miata. 

I'm all about attracting more folks, but this should be(come) a 100TW class to match our ruleset. NASA isn't SCCA or Global Time Attack, etc. It's unlikely for a car from SCCA to carry over directly to a NASA class and vice versa, tires be damned. SCCA STX/STR for instacne (S2000, NC/ND, FT86) will slot into TT5 and get curb stomped by a properly setup/driven car even if on same tires because they weigh more, have less power, and no aero (for starters). Therefore getting a trophy for being on 200TW is nothing more than a partictipation trophy. If people need that to show up, ok sure, but that's sad. I've been running with NASA for two seasons now on everything from VR-1 to Hoosiers as I've developed my car. Still haven't won an event, but still showing up and having a blast. If I go to SCCA I would never expect to just show up and be competitive, hell, my standalone ECU alone puts me in unlimited ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much everyone, especially in lower classes like poverty TT6 where I compete, can agree that Hoosiers are too expensive. As much as I love them I wish we could make it a 100TW+ class, be competitive on Maxxis with a great contingency and close competiion for the right price, but that'd be a slap in the face to Hoosier.

This thread is a big turn off to TT.  It's not even real racing FFS

Maybe I should dust off the bike and give CMRA my time and money after all.

**Edit - just want to say I'm in a crappy mood and "coping" with vodka....  I have a perception of excessive whining and excuses and it set me off a bit.  Probably not that bad when i read it again in the morning**  

This thread is a big turn off to TT.  It's not even real racing FFS

Maybe I should dust off the bike and give CMRA my time and money after all.

**Edit - just want to say I'm in a crappy mood and "coping" with vodka....  I have a perception of excessive whining and excuses and it set me off a bit.  Probably not that bad when i read it again in the morning**  

It's true TT sucks.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, Thundermoose said:

CMC standard trackside tool set includes engine hoist and standalone toilet bowl

OK that made me spit out some diet coke! ?

Results-TT-Saturday-StreetTire-X2.jpg

This was our first NASA Texas event, the "T" are the declared 200TW folks. Most people had not heard of the class yet. The 200TW TT participation has grown (sometimes it was "My hoosiers corded on Day 1!") in NASA Texas and we have already brought some folks in from HPDE4 and other groups. We even had a 200TW guy win a class outright so far.

IMG_0212-L.jpg

I ran 200TW on Day 1 and Hoosier R7s on day 2 of this MSR-H event. Did the same at event #2 at MSR-C.

More soon,

50 minutes ago, Vorshlag-Fair said:

We even had a 200TW guy win a class outright so far.

Sure...but the TT6 winner could have won the class (TT3) outright and the same time would have been good for last place in TT4. So that's not saying much.