robertcope

December Member Plans

Looks like member weekend days are 22-23 and 29-30.

I'm planning on at least the 22nd right now and will probably also work in the 29th or 30th, possibly a week day if I'm in town.

Robert we may be able to do the “best of 1992” if you stick with the 12/22! :)

Otherwise...motorcycle

Otherwise...motorcycle

Bring motor cycle and teach me how to motorbike around

We'll see if the NSX is ready by then. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd like to tag along as a guest either weekend (still $150?). Any idea which direction they'll run?

Come on out. Right now the 22nd is the only firm date, I will update the OP and post if that changes. Fee is still $150, I believe. No idea on direction, probably CCW unless they say otherwise on the calendar... I think. I guess I don't pay close enough attention to that detail.

How possible is it to have two guests ? I'd love to come out as well and meet more of you guys in real life. Do members get a limited number of guest passes per day, or is the number per year limited? Not trying to impose I guess, just love being on track ;)

How possible is it to have two guests ? I'd love to come out as well and meet more of you guys in real life. Do members get a limited number of guest passes per day, or is the number per year limited? Not trying to impose I guess, just love being on track ;)

Come on out we’ll sort it out

Come on out we’ll sort it out

What he said. There is no limit that I've ever seen. I've asked before and they just said bring them out, so...

Come on out. Right now the 22nd is the only firm date, I will update the OP and post if that changes. Fee is still $150, I believe. No idea on direction, probably CCW unless they say otherwise on the calendar... I think. I guess I don't pay close enough attention to that detail.

No worries. I should be able to make it. Haven’t driven CCW since Aug 2016, so I’ll have to watch a bunch of videos just to be safe.

If I can swing it that day, would you all let a N. Texas TJ come join you?  I haven't been to MSR Houston in a couple of years but would study up and watch lots of Robert Cope videos to refresh memory.   :wink:

If I can swing it that day, would you all let a N. Texas TJ come join you?  I haven't been to MSR Houston in a couple of years but would study up and watch lots of Robert Cope videos to refresh memory.   :wink:

Sure, come on down!

Is there a certain time we need to arrive at?

Track goes hot at 9am. It's open a bit before that. I try and arrive 8:30-8:45 so that I can BS and be ready to go. But you can arrive anytime, there's no driver meeting or anything you have to make. Unless there's a special schedule, bikes will run the top half of an hour and cars the bottom.

I'm still pretty sure I can make it.  I installed adjustable camber arms on my Cayman this Saturday and of course I'm missing the 'litronics' shim with bracket for the rear.  So my headlights are all wonky.  The part was delayed and won't be here until some time today.  

With that said, gotta install the new shim when it arrives and get an alignment...then drive 5 hours to the track.

With that said, gotta install the new shim when it arrives and get an alignment...then drive 5 hours to the track.

FWIW, there is a shop at the track and they do good alignments. I'd probably call and let them know you're coming if you decide to do that.

I'm still pretty sure I can make it.  I installed adjustable camber arms on my Cayman this Saturday and of course I'm missing the 'litronics' shim with bracket for the rear.  So my headlights are all wonky.  The part was delayed and won't be here until some time today.  

I have to rivet a whole bunch of air dam on, drill some holes, slap some things together, so I feel ya. Last minute thrash has unfortunately been my MO too frequently this year...