Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FOR SALE: Flyin' Miata sway bars and V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers $250

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SchadenFred

SchadenFred

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:01 Miata #149, 08 BMW 335i

I'm not going to pull any punches with this listing.

A new set of FM sway bars sells for $229

A new set of V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers + the FM sway bars sells for $1124

Why am I selling for not much more than the price of the sway bars?  Because the sway bars are fine, but the coilovers are 5 years old.

5bfc30c0eaff6_IMG_2034_small.jpg

The coilovers don't leak, and they're still way better than OEM stuff, but they've clearly seen better days.  I didn't have any handling issues with them on the car, but they're old and wearing out.

If your goal is to build a race winning Miata, don't buy these.

If you're just starting out doing track days and HPDE, and want to upgrade your Miata's OEM suspension without breaking the bank, these may make sense to you.
If you just want the sway bars, PM me and we can discuss price.

Available for local pickup in Austin, TX.  I can ship them, but you'll have to cover the cost of packing and shipping (likely to be high due the size and weight)

nik77356

nik77356

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Track Vehicle:'87 BMW 535is

The contents of this reply have been blanked

tyhackman15

tyhackman15

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationATX
  • Track Vehicle:95 Miata, 99 LS1 Miata

These off an NB or NA?  Interested either way just curious.  Let me know, thanks!

cabowabo

cabowabo

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationATX
  • Track Vehicle:97 Miata

These off an NB or NA?  Interested either way just curious.  Let me know, thanks!

NB, but VMAXX are the same regardless of NA/NB, the NA kit just comes with NB mounts while NB is intended to re-use mounts. 

tyhackman15

tyhackman15

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationATX

NB, but VMAXX are the same regardless of NA/NB, the NA kit just comes with NB mounts while NB is intended to re-use mounts. 

Sways are different, aren't they?  

cabowabo

cabowabo

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationATX

Yeah, totally forgot about the sways. Apparently you can cut off the soft setting of the front bar to make it fit NA, but have no first hand experience. 

Hollywood

Hollywood

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:Money on fire

Yeah, totally forgot about the sways. Apparently you can cut off the soft setting of the front bar to make it fit NA, but have no first hand experience. 

5bfc6e84330d7_tenor.gif

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
99 SM | 99 WRL | 08 S2000 CR | 18 CIVIC TYPE-R

SchadenFred

SchadenFred

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Track Vehicle:01 Miata #149, 08 BMW 335i

These are from an NB.  A VVT NB actually, so that makes them even better, right?  :)

tyhackman15

tyhackman15

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationATX

These are from an NB.  A VVT NB actually, so that makes them even better, right?  :)

haha, while I appreciate the VVT pedigree, I'd mainly be in it for the sways.  Shopping for the NA as the NB already has them.  Appreciate the response though.  Put those coils on a miata forum and you'd get your $250 in a heartbeat I bet. 

cabowabo

cabowabo

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationATX

haha, while I appreciate the VVT pedigree, I'd mainly be in it for the sways.  Shopping for the NA as the NB already has them.  Appreciate the response though.  Put those coils on a miata forum and you'd get your $250 in a heartbeat I bet. 

RB front / SuperMiata 14mm rear.