Sign in to follow this  
mtrhed

LMP3 testing opportunity

I got this from Ross Bentley and thought I would pass it on to you aspiring pro racers. I wonder what a race weekend in one of these would cost?

Okay, this is not for everyone... but I want to just throw this out there. If you're interested in testing a Ligier LMP3 car, I'm working with the guys at Speed Group at MSR Houston to help a few drivers do just that. This is not an amusement park ride (see the speed comparison graph below), or just a bucket list thing, but if you're serious about taking your driving to the next level and seeing what a prototype sports car is like, let me know.

For additional information about the car, track and testing opportunity, go to www.speed-group.us/lmp3.

The cost is $21,000 for a day, and that includes my coaching (pre-testing preparation and at-track). You'll get practically all the laps you can handle (there's a physical limit to how much a driver can take in a day in a high-downforce car like this), along with tires, crew, engineering, data/video, etc.

Again, this is not for everyone, but if you're interested, let me know and we can schedule a time to talk - and then a test day or two.

Have fun!

Ross

Translation: looking exclusively for rich old fat guys who are checking off their bucket list, will drive so slow they can't possibly wreck the car and will get tuckered out after ~10 total laps to ensure minimal hours on the chassis/drivetrain and us not having to waste the promised sticker tire set on them.

Translation: looking exclusively for rich old fat guys who are checking off their bucket list, will drive so slow they can't possibly wreck the car and will get tuckered out after ~10 total laps to ensure minimal hours on the chassis/drivetrain and us not having to waste the promised sticker tire set on them.

If I had 21k to throw at a day behind the wheel of a car... It'd be in front of people.  That's gotta be in the neighborhood of a PWC or Conti weekend right?

If I had 21k to throw at a day behind the wheel of a car... It'd be in front of people.  That's gotta be in the neighborhood of a PWC or Conti weekend right?

You might be able to do arrive n drive in a lower level PWC car for that....that's pretty much in line with a TA2 weekend (~$25k), i.e. - my car, arrive n drive. 

yeah, $20k is about the going price for a weekend in a TC car from what I recall....

that's assuming you don't knock any body parts off, at about $3k/ bump.

If 21k was...small time money to me - I'd be interested in something like this.

Never driven a car with that level of...everything + plus some good coaching, it'd be a fun day for sure. 

But yeah, 21k is a lot to me so that scenario doesn't work.  I can see how it would be an easy spend for many people out there.