If you are having trouble logging in, please try resetting your password. The email you get will include your "Display Name" ("Hi, Display Name") which is what you should use to log in with. If that doesn't work, email me: [email protected]

dunhamr1

Setup Sheets

Does anyone use a setup sheet? Something to keep track of the configuration of the car as well as settings (thinking mostly shock settings and tire pressures).

If you do, what do you write down? When do you fill it out? Do you keep them?

I keep it all in Google Sheets so I can grab it from any device/mobile, track and direction specific. Also keep a record of all maintenance / fluid logs there.

I don’t log shock settings because there are none in what I drive, but I do log:

-Ambient temps

-Camber and toe, ride height and cross weight if it was fast / felt good

-If time permits, pyro data

-Hot pressures, always

I keep it all in Google Sheets so I can grab it from any device/mobile, track and direction specific. Also keep a record of all maintenance / fluid logs there.

I don’t log shock settings because there are none in what I drive, but I do log:

-Ambient temps

-Camber and toe, ride height and cross weight if it was fast / felt good

-If time permits, pyro data

-Hot pressures, always

Makes sense! Google makes it easy to have access from many places. Do you have a template that you fill out? Or is it just a list?

I just made a basic template in Sheets and keep the logs on separate workbooks/tabs, nothing at all fancy (and no computations). Name each worksheet as the track and rock & roll.

I wish i were that organized

same here.

Hollywood had the jist of it down.   I usually try to add any other random notes- track condition, how does the car feel during the session, etc.  you don't want to use the same setup notes for a cool green track as you would a hot track that's well rubbered-in.  definitely take the time after the session to write down how it does and what you think it needs for the next session.  you can eventually use those notes to show up at the track with a baseline setup in mind based on the weather and track conditions, and even potentially the age of the tires on the car.  (as tires get older, I tend to run slightly less pressure to create more flex and build heat->soften the rubber)

there are gazillions of setup sheet templates out there you can download..  look around on teh googles and see if you can find something you like.

Quite extensive! Maybe one day I'll need/want something on that level. I may use aspects of it.

Separately I've started a 'journal' which may include a lot of the same things, as well as track notes, how each setup worked, observations about my driving etc. Maybe it's double work, but at least it will reinforce things.