If you are having trouble logging in, please try resetting your password. The email you get will include your "Display Name" ("Hi, Display Name") which is what you should use to log in with. If that doesn't work, email me: [email protected]

Sign in to follow this  
lobster

2019 24 hour kart race drivers needed.

We currently need 2 - 3 people (5 max on team) for a 24 hour race in Orlando Florida in March.  

140 - 160lbs 

Motor is provided by org.  Chassis provided by other team member. 

Let me know if you're interested.   

We're just now getting a team together so we have some time. 

Preferably someone who isn't garbage at karting because I have that position on the team already. 

Information here. 

https://ekartingnews.com/2018/11/07/24-hours-of-orlando-joins-usac-karting-for-2019/

read up on the dates, take a look at the registration  

On top of the registration we're looking at about 1000 - 1500 for a kart mechanic + transportation of the chassis from bullshit nowhere america.   (indiana) 

Which would be split across team members equally.  

At this point thinking of camping at track or airbnb close by.  

how much you weigh with helmet @@V6Donut 

Everybody else fill out the chunkier weight categories?  :ph34r:

Everybody else fill out the chunkier weight categories?  :ph34r:

I am not a large man  :(  

We're trying to keep everyone around the same scale for minimum race weight. 

Checking in~ lol

attachicon.gifIMG_6602.JPG

HAHAHA  that was me on the MSRH karts...   I FUBAR'd that kink on the back 'straight' one time an went over the side of the grass and knocked the wall back about 15ft.  :)

HAHAHA that was me on the MSRH karts... I FUBAR'd that kink on the back 'straight' one time an went over the side of the grass and knocked the wall back about 15ft. :)

Hahahahahahaha

Interested.. I have never karted on a good kart, but I have no doubt I would be good at it.

Karts are just like cars but different

Hmmm...Maybe I could use this as temptation to achieve a weight loss goal? March you say? that's only 18 lbs a month I need to lose for me to get to 150! Doable - put me down as tentative, definitely a maybe.

Hello, Dominoes? I need a good pizza for Kart training...

Hmmm...Maybe I could use this as temptation to achieve a weight loss goal? March you say? that's only 18 lbs a month I need to lose for me to get to 150! Doable - put me down as tentative, definitely a maybe.

Hello, Dominoes? I need a good pizza for Kart training...

I like you.

I give you 10/10

Should we setup a squad kart day at a local kart track?

I like you.

I give you 10/10

Should we setup a squad kart day at a local kart track?

Bring it!  I'm in, sounds like fun.

I've been to a few in the Houston area. Houston Karting Complex I think it was, up by Conroe?

Bring it! I'm in, sounds like fun.

I've been to a few in the Houston area. Houston Karting Complex I think it was, up by Conroe?

Yeah, both Houston karting Complex and speedsportz are in the north side Conroe Type kinda area. Haha

Houston karting Complex is fun. I like the karts there.

The speedsportz Track is probably a little more fun just cause the one turn with elevation.

Yeah, both Houston karting Complex and speedsportz are in the north side Conroe Type kinda area. Haha

Houston karting Complex is fun. I like the karts there.

The speedsportz Track is probably a little more fun just cause the one turn with elevation.

I've done the endurance race @ SpeedSportz.   That was a blast!  Would do again.

I've done the endurance race @ SpeedSportz. That was a blast! Would do again.

Agreed! Lots of fun!

Sadly I haven’t won though.

So after looking at the pricing logistics getting the kart from Indiana etc we are considering skipping the Orlando race and running another 24 hour at a different track in June.

I’ll keep everyone posted

If anyone wants to hit up HKC or speedsprtz let me know I’m DTK for either pretty much anytime

If yall are serious about this, I would highly recommend renting a real kart on real tires in preparation for the event... ie: do an arrive and drive with a shop/team.   Not just do rental kart stuff. 

Rental karts are heavy and the tires are typically hard as rocks, so they slide thru the corner.  Real karts grip, load up and lift the inside rear.  They end up driving pretty differently. 

Where is your weight requirement coming from?  150-160lbs in a 206 kart will put you at Junior level weight without any lead on the thing.

yah I plan to.   

There's an experienced 206 driver on the team already.     I plan on doing some arrive and drive stuff soon on 206's as well. 

I'm 143lbs barely make 150 with suit/helmet.  

If yall are serious about this, I would highly recommend renting a real kart on real tires in preparation for the event... ie: do an arrive and drive with a shop/team.   Not just do rental kart stuff. 

Rental karts are heavy and the tires are typically hard as rocks, so they slide thru the corner.  Real karts grip, load up and lift the inside rear.  They end up driving pretty differently. 

Where is your weight requirement coming from?  150-160lbs in a 206 kart will put you at Junior level weight without any lead on the thing.