vchengap

Apex on Saturday 10/27

Anyone going?  Weather forecast is looking fantastic.

This will be my first time attending with a tire trailer.  I'm moving up in the world!

Anyone going?  Weather forecast is looking fantastic.

This will be my first time attending with a tire trailer.  I'm moving up in the world!

I didn't realize tire trailer had status. Who knew? Love my little rig, but really figured I was just too much of a broke ass to afford a dedicated track car/trailer/truck.

I'll be there so we can bring the real estate values down together. Weather looks perfect, but I heard they were still dealing with rivers over the weekend and even Monday. Today's rain won't help that situation but we should have a couple days drying on Thursday-Friday. Fingers crossed.

I didn't realize tire trailer had status. Who knew? Love my little rig, but really figured I was just too much of a broke ass to afford a dedicated track car/trailer/truck.

As a fellow cheap-ass, I definitely consider my dinky Harbor Freight utility trailer a status upgrade.  See you there!

I didn't realize tire trailer had status. Who knew? Love my little rig, but really figured I was just too much of a broke ass to afford a dedicated track car/trailer/truck.

I'll be there so we can bring the real estate values down together. Weather looks perfect, but I heard they were still dealing with rivers over the weekend and even Monday. Today's rain won't help that situation but we should have a couple days drying on Thursday-Friday. Fingers crossed.

The rivers were pretty bad on Sunday, little bend was treacherous.

I hope they get them cleared up before Saturday, hopefully that don't get much rain today.

As a fellow cheap-ass, I definitely consider my dinky Harbor Freight utility trailer a status upgrade.  See you there!

Having had a bearing lock up on the way home from the track, I'd  say you need these in your life:

Spare tire (duh), it has saved me twice already.

Bearing buddies:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NI8X2A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spare 25 mm bearing and seal

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5QP9AC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01H5QP9AC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=DWEFGXM57T30N6T9DJJ4&pd_rd_wg=U6NQj&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=98y6Y&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=fb44ac49-d7c9-11e8-af33-013c6f83c3a6

Only good news for me was that I locked up about a mile from a Harbor Freight and was able to get the a blown tire replaced for free. I was also able to pump some grease in and get the bearing loose and rolling enough to limp home (sweating all the way).

Having had a bearing lock up on the way home from the track, I'd  say you need these in your life:

Spare tire (duh), it has saved me twice already.

Bearing buddies:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NI8X2A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spare 25 mm bearing and seal

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5QP9AC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01H5QP9AC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=DWEFGXM57T30N6T9DJJ4&pd_rd_wg=U6NQj&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=98y6Y&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=fb44ac49-d7c9-11e8-af33-013c6f83c3a6

Only good news for me was that I locked up about a mile from a Harbor Freight and was able to get the a blown tire replaced for free. I was also able to pump some grease in and get the bearing loose and rolling enough to limp home (sweating all the way).

Great advice - thank you!  I already have the spare tire, but will definitely look into the bearings.  Seems like a small price to pay for peace of mind.