BigMonkey73

20-24 foot enclosed aluminum trailer for $12K or under?

Is this expecting too much at that price point? I have a buddy who said he bought a Lightning 20 foot V nose for under $10K, but I haven't found anything near that price for what I'm looking for.

What do you guys think? Am I not looking in the right places?

You might find a used one in that price range if you keep looking and find the right seller.   

But I know a 24' NEW aluminum one is 2x that price, and the used ones hold value well.   I wouldn't expect to find a nice alu one for under $15k.

that said, you might have to drive a little ways---  you're closer to OK or AR than I am, and I've seen lower prices on many things when you get away from the big cities like Dallas and Houston.   people are more willing to bargain because there's a smaller market.  (I bought my F250 7.3L in Tulsa for about $10k when I couldn't find one in Houston for under $17k...)

Is this expecting too much at that price point? I have a buddy who said he bought a Lightning 20 foot V nose for under $10K, but I haven't found anything near that price for what I'm looking for.

What do you guys think? Am I not looking in the right places?

I bought an 8.5 x 22 Diamond Cargo for 6k plus transport fee. It's actually 26' with the 4' V nose. It has front ramp door and side door to help when getting out of the car. It came wired for 30a hookup with two outlets on the interior. 

I bought an 8.5 x 22 Diamond Cargo for 6k plus transport fee. It's actually 26' with the 4' V nose. It has front ramp door and side door to help when getting out of the car. It came wired for 30a hookup with two outlets on the interior. 

Sorry, non Aluminum which isn't much heavier. 

Sorry, non Aluminum which isn't much heavier. 

Thanks man, that's a really great price. Their website has a crap ton of configuration options though. It's making my eyes cross.

http://www.lightningtrailers.com/product-details?LineID=270&Image=9886#top

These guys are offering what I'm looking for around $10K starting price for a 24 foot car hauler. Their curb weights and total payload are a bit higher than the Diamond, but Diamond is still worth researching for so much savings.

You get what you pay for with trailers. When I was in the market I was hoping to find something used at a great price - boy, I was in for a surprise!! In the end I went with new and had it configured as I wanted it. Used trailers were not that much less. Don’t even bother with insuring it with your normal auto policy company...give Hagerty (and others) a shot, go for agreed value, insure spares, tools, etc.