Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WRL @ COTA (Dec. 1-2)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,868 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400

got an opportunity to drive for Gspeed in one of there Corvettes

Well, how did it go?

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

STANG KILLA SS

STANG KILLA SS

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationKilleen Texas
  • Track Vehicle:C6 Z06

sadly it didnt. my 3 year dream and W2W racing debut never got to  happen.

on the first drivers first stint, of the first day we had motor issues that put the car out for the weekend.

i never even got to suit up. i was pretty gutted.

46158863_1941429132832875_15314353572039

robertcope

robertcope

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,868 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2001 S2000, 1992 NSX, 1999 SC400

sadly it didnt. my 3 year dream and W2W racing debut never got to  happen.

on the first drivers first stint, of the first day we had motor issues that put the car out for the weekend.

i never even got to suit up. i was pretty gutted.

Oh, wow. That really sucks. Did they at least refund the money?

Robert B. Cope

#53 - 2003 Jetta (red)
#53 - 1999 Miata (silver) aka GONK: "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
#94 - 2001 S2000 (red) aka Crisis

#57 - 1992 NSX (red)

#?? - 1999 SC400 (red)

STANG KILLA SS

STANG KILLA SS

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationKilleen Texas

yeah for sure.

not yet, havent got into that, they were racing all day yesterday. probly driving home/unloading today. ill give them time. probly hit them up tommorrow.

ironically i did ask about that before signing on the dotted line, ie how that was handled.

nik77356

nik77356

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Track Vehicle:'87 BMW 535is

yeah for sure.

not yet, havent got into that, they were racing all day yesterday. probly driving home/unloading today. ill give them time. probly hit them up tommorrow.

ironically i did ask about that before signing on the dotted line, ie how that was handled.

How much was it?

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

Quite a crazy / fun weekend out there!! Got to met a few TJ'ers as well!! I had pace car 1 / safety car and blag flag duties - kept me quite occupied...so, if it was you that I put the yellow flag on your window to make the point regarding PUY of 3 cars during a full course yellow, well, don't take it personal....I was instructed to give you a "stern talking to" and I think that got the point across....

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

Tobey

Tobey

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:240sx

dp

STANG KILLA SS

STANG KILLA SS

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationKilleen Texas

How much was it?

normally most folks dont like to discuss money online, but since it was posted publicly on Gspeeds origonal want ad, ill just repost

$5000 a driver if split 3 ways/drivers, $3800 a driver if split 4 ways/drivers.

Boostedtaco

Boostedtaco

Moving Chicane

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationDFW,TX
  • Track Vehicle:God's chariot

normally most folks dont like to discuss money online, but since it was posted publicly on Gspeeds origonal want ad, ill just repost

Sounds pretty reasonable for a top of the line car. Not many people get an opportunity like you did. btw - Did you get a refund? 

God's chariot

nik77356

nik77356

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Track Vehicle:'87 BMW 535is

I only discuss money online. I refuse to discuss it in person or on the phone. And NEVER via mail.

STANG KILLA SS

STANG KILLA SS

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationKilleen Texas

Sounds pretty reasonable for a top of the line car. Not many people get an opportunity like you did. btw - Did you get a refund? 

it made me realize the high level i prep and maintain my car..........................

refund discussed above.

Tobey

Tobey

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:240sx

Quite a crazy / fun weekend out there!! Got to met a few TJ'ers as well!! I had pace car 1 / safety car and blag flag duties - kept me quite occupied...so, if it was you that I put the yellow flag on your window to make the point regarding PUY of 3 cars during a full course yellow, well, don't take it personal....I was instructed to give you a "stern talking to" and I think that got the point across....

Like I told you on Friday, I didn't do it.
It was good to meet you on Friday. I didn't make the TJ connection at the time; I'm Clark's teammate. 

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

Like I told you on Friday, I didn't do it.
It was good to meet you on Friday. I didn't make the TJ connection at the time; I'm Clark's teammate. 

Likewise! Everybody told me "it wasn't me....." But then, I'm just taking orders from the folks with cameras everywhere....and they review it before making a call to black flag....oh - I was only black flag on saturday/sunday.

Good to meet you as well!

I did have some folks that owned up to their infractions - made their time go quicker....the more we talk, the longer you stay....

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

XLR8

XLR8

Astronaut

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • Track Vehicle:BMWs and some NCs

it made me realize the high level i prep and maintain my car..........................

refund discussed above.

I saw those cars as they were pitted beside us, they looked like garbage inside, wiring was a mess.  No idea how they spent so much money on prep as they claimed on Facebook.  We spent half, had a much slower car but beat them overall on Sunday.  We know how to execute a pit stop though, and have good fuel mileage.  That team never talked to anyone either which is common for teams coming from Pro levels down to race with us commoners.  Meanwhile the team on the other side of us gave an entire set of scrubs for free after we spun.  

I love WRL

turbogrill

turbogrill

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAusti
  • Track Vehicle:280ZX

If you want to start with W2W why don't you do a chump?

Much cheaper, it's typically between $200-$400 an hour racing including everything but food. 

Maybe you can find a Miata team at H2R, those races are usually packed so lots of racing and and competing. Sure it's 100hp car instead of 400hp..:)

lonestarrpm

lonestarrpm

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Track Vehicle:'75 RSR, Spec-944, Boxster S
I think folks discount it’s the number of laps you run, not who has the fastest lap or even fastest driver. Consistency and reliability and efficient pit work.

We podiumed on our WRL debut with our chumpcar running good clean consistent laps at High Plains. We could be racey at times, but key was just chugging along.