N546RV

Timers/data acquisition - Harry's vs AiM Solo/etc

Guest lobster
5 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

I love the Solo 2 DL for what it is but the lack of integrations with ECUs from the last 5 years is wtf. They just recently added suport for 06+ S2000... Forget about the Type R...

lol wow.   I am currently in the regretting paying 2000 bucks on an MXP stage.  10 year old SOLO DL could get everything from my 2015 car.   2 day old MXP gets zero. 

1 hour ago, Hollywood said:

I love the Solo 2 DL for what it is but the lack of integrations with ECUs from the last 5 years is wtf. They just recently added suport for 06+ S2000... Forget about the Type R...

Meanwhile in Milan...

" *gesticulating with hands* Are you develop the new ECU definitions for cars Already, c'mon, Luigi !? " 

"Shut up Mario, I'm with an expresso and a smoke here! What is rushing with you, hey! " 

1 hour ago, lobster said:

lol wow.   I am currently in the regretting paying 2000 bucks on an MXP stage.  10 year old SOLO DL could get everything from my 2015 car.   2 day old MXP gets zero. 

I ran MXS 1.2 in my 99 SM. Can you open up / see CAN? You can fish out and map the data yourself if its available in the first place

I love the AIM stuff but there's a learning curve.  If anyone wants to sell a dash let me know

There's also a lot of stuff that they "forget" to fix on the newest models...I think we've got the MXG in my TA2...took almost a WHOLE season to be able to get the MPH to show on the Smarty Cam video....and this is working with the AIM folks! LOL

Oh, you want a rearview Smarty Cam too? Sure, that's $1K....um, no, um, sorry, we can't get it all to sync for you....ugh....so anyway, my new/never used rear not so smarty cam is going to another team mate....LOL.

Guest lobster
1 hour ago, Hollywood said:

I ran MXS 1.2 in my 99 SM. Can you open up / see CAN? You can fish out and map the data yourself if its available in the first place

If I load the generic ECU I can see "some" ECU data.   missing things like engine coolant temp, oil temp, wheel speed, etc.    I had an entire config dedicated to the C7_ECU  

so to get some data I'll need to redo my config regrettably. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

There's also a lot of stuff that they "forget" to fix on the newest models...I think we've got the MXG in my TA2...took almost a WHOLE season to be able to get the MPH to show on the Smarty Cam video....and this is working with the AIM folks! LOL

Oh, you want a rearview Smarty Cam too? Sure, that's $1K....um, no, um, sorry, we can't get it all to sync for you....ugh....so anyway, my new/never used rear not so smarty cam is going to another team mate....LOL.

that sucks, I was thinking of getting the rear camera because mine failed in my car so I ripped out the screen and put a non functional MXP in its place lol 

Have you given it to your team mate yet?  I wouldn't mind being able to test to see if that at least works. 

Guest lobster
4 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

Lobster....this is the pro car, it's based in Minneapolis...

you can always FedEx ol lobster a camera for testing. 

I believe it’s being moved into the other car in a very hurried effort - due to COTA here in two weeks. 

Guest lobster
5 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

I believe it’s being moved into the other car in a very hurried effort - due to COTA here in two weeks. 

Wow thanks! Bringing it down to cota for me! Testing the whole car with the camera installed is certainly easier! 

LOL!

Part of COTA will be testing a team mate's BRAND NEW TA / GT1 car...as in an 850++HP fire-breathing monster...whoo hoo!! At least that's the plan, if it's finished in time...

Pretty much all of our cars are stripped down to the bare tube at this point, I saw a pic of mine this morning from the crew, it's got some new skin going on, but other wise, pretty naked....Sebring beats the crap out of cars!

On 1/22/2020 at 11:21 AM, Solo_S14 said:

It’s been about a year and a half, is this still the hot ticket for:

- Primary goal, data capture / comparison for driver development

- Secondary goal, make cool videos for friends to live vicariously through?

In terms of linking to the vehicle to get driver input data, any thoughts on say:

- Would have different recommendation for 95+ OBD II car vs 08+ (or earlier) Can Bus link, etc?

Current system of Track Addict on iPhone w/ built in camera and gps needs a major upgrade w/ whatever newer vehicle I decide to go with...

So for those of us in the back;

Am I reading the 2020 part of this thread to indicate that we forget about the Solo2 DL, find an original Solo DL w/ SmartyCam

Plug it into CanBus / OBDII depending on model year to read available OE sensors, then /thread?

2 hours ago, Matt93SE said:

...  running into other large objects tends to leave indentions on fiberglass...  😛

It does, and that’s a fact, Jack! LOL