Sign in to follow this  
Shuka

Camping at NOLA Motorsports Park - Safe?

I'm going to be staying in the paddock overnight at NOLA with NASA.

I hear NOLA has a pretty bad problem with alligators and mosquitos. Should I be concerned? I don't want to be carried away in the night by an alligator or contract West Nile!

LOL!!

I never had a problem with it.

BUT..  SCCA only races there in February, and each time I've gone it was near/below freezing so the only problem was my wife's bladder and the long walk to the bathrooms.

I lost a good friend to the paddock gators a few years ago. They've developed a taste for humans, so you'll definitely need to take precautions. Gonna want to work on your sprinting and quickly making 90 degree turns, them gators can't keep up when you do that. Only problem is that makes you a prime target for the skeeterhawks. My best advice is to have an enclosed trailer and build a sturdy docking port between it and your racecar and tow rig. You could also lather yourself up in mud like Arnold in The Predator, but most folks don't like racing covered in mud.

The gun fire you hear in the distance at NOLA is actually the perimeter security detail fighting off the gators.

The gun fire you hear in the distance at NOLA is actually the perimeter security detail fighting off the gators.

Which is a difficult job ever since they started doing crossfit.

jQwOTIR.gif

Yall joke but we did see one out in the grass, along the back paddock spots. It was after it first opened so maybe they were still clearing out. 

Yall joke but we did see one out in the grass, along the back paddock spots. It was after it first opened so maybe they were still clearing out. 

it's Loserana.  they're still there.  but gators are ambush predators and there is not much suitable cover outside of the grass on edge..  as long as you stay on the pavement, you shouldn't be a problem.   unless you smell like nutria or raw chicken..

You guys are hilarious, LOL!!!

No gators that I've heard of, but the mosquitoes/bugs are BAD as soon as the sun goes down. Best to bring insect repellent.

On site security is present and frequently make their way around.

You guys are hilarious, LOL!!!

No gators that I've heard of, but the mosquitoes/bugs are BAD as soon as the sun goes down. Best to bring insect repellent.

On site security is present and frequently make their way around.

5f9.gif

that would be my wife most of the time. me the rest of the time.

yeah mine never grabs my balls either

that would be my wife most of the time.

yeah mine never grabs my balls either

Does Brittney know you have a wife?

Two years ago when @@DTP525 and I went we were first attacked by westnile by the thousands. Thankfully a coldfront came thru and wiped them off the paddock. We did meet a peramedic who recently purchased his new armadillo hunter and drove off in his support vehicle and let off a few rounds. 

Y’all are putting to much thought into this.

You’ll be robbed and murdered as soon as you cross into city limits.