RUQWIKR

ECR improvements - can we get regular updates in here?

Even though it is Friday, I thought there would be more cars at ECR today.  For the first session we started with 7 cars.   A few more during the day.   One open wheel car also and a bunch of bikes.  My last session was going to be the 11:40 session and half way through the rains came so I called it quits - too much rain coming in the car.

The new section going down through turn 4 and then up and left to the new turn 13 is pretty exciting.  I was getting left behind here.

Track was a little slick in spots and everyone's tires were making a lot of noise.  All in all a fun day.

Jeff

Ran Saturday, was a blast, the Roller Coaster is aptly named!! Toured the back section too...OMG!!!! Just wait!!!

How busy was it for cars Saturday and Sunday?

Jeff

I got out there around noon on Saturday, not busy at all...pretty much your own private track with a a few cars....the warmer it gets the less people run. Was not there on Sunday. Fair amount of bikes on Saturday though.

Heading out in the Full Monte tomorrow...planning on running the full 1 hour / 1st session....yahoo!!

I'm shooting to try and come Sunday but it might have to wait until later in September.  Car sat all summer and now i've found a broken stud and can't seem to get a firm brake pedal.  No sense in bringing it out to my new garage only to have to wrench on it right away.

35 minutes ago, XLR8 said:

I'm shooting to try and come Sunday but it might have to wait until later in September.  Car sat all summer and now i've found a broken stud and can't seem to get a firm brake pedal.  No sense in bringing it out to my new garage only to have to wrench on it right away.

That's sort of the definition of irony right there! Not poking fun at you...just the situation...part of me would like to have a garage at ECR...but the other part of me really likes the A/C in my home garage...!

Ran the "Endurance Session" first thing in the morning...that meant a 6 am departure from the house...it was worth it though - had a BLAST!!! The Full Monte was loose as a goose out there...full throttle (even in the straights, pointed totally straight) meant sliding everywhere LOL! Got to lap with my buddies Ron and Ian in Ian's WRL BMW...it was Ron's FIRST time in a race car and he did GREAT!!! Later in the day my buddy Frank had his first turn in a race car as well, need to hear how that went...I'm sure he did fine!

On a gear note - it was my first time to test the Sparco Silver X-Cool long fire retardant underpants...WOW...they are literally amazing! You smell like a pack of menthol cigs but the cooling is AMAZING! Even after running and getting the car nice and toasty I was A-OK cool and fine wearing them, even after getting out and shooting the bull in the paddock with my suit on. After changing into street clothes my legs were still feeling cool/tingly, crazy!!

The new layout is pretty fun, had an event there on Monday with Park Place. The course is fast, busy, and technical. The surface is very smooth and is nowhere near rubbered in yet (tires were very loud).

"Stay in the car, stay in the car!!"

LOL....Sam, I see you've met Frank with his safety cigar....lol

15 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

"Stay in the car, stay in the car!!"

LOL....Sam, I see you've met Frank with his safety cigar....lol

Definitely, he's a hoot. My floor mats are anchored and a bit of a chore to take out of the car, so I've always just left them in without any issues. However, yesterday I managed to roll up the far end of the floor mat with my heel and I decided that I didn't want to deal with it at speed under the pedals, so I came into the pits to remove it (it's coming out from now on, I've got a policy to try not to make the same mistakes multiple times). Getting the mat out with me in the car and the anchors engaged was a bit awkward and I really was just trying to open the door so we could pull it.

I had the floor mats from my old car rained on, so I had been in the opinion to leave em in (it worked for the first 75 trackdays and over 100 autox events).  

Yeah, it's amazing the crap that ends up under your feet...or in the cabin while on track...sometimes it's your own mirror....