RUQWIKR

ECR improvements - can we get regular updates in here?

XLR8 - very cool - welcome to ECR as a new'ish member!!! I'm looking forward to the off road stuff as well....I've got a Turbo RZR 4 seater...that thing is built to fly/haul! I'll probably just leave it out there...I barely use it as it is - I think it probably has more miles as a pit vehicle at COTA than actual offroad use LOL!!!

BTW - you and I have "met" on another Texas forum, non-car related....as in "I'm a friend of CHarLes"....you were talking about your cute little beamer beating up on vettes or something....LOL! 😂 Which, I'm sure it does....beat up on the *drivers*....

19 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Yes - they are definitely planning on more garages! And other things....but in due time - first priority is THE TRACK - that is THE OBSESSION! The GOAL!! Wife and I are equidistant time/milage-wise from both Cresson and ECR....we opted for ECR. It's a proper RACE track, not a CLUB track - huge difference. Nothing at all wrong with a club track - if that's what you want. Join up at ECR now while the getting is good - price will jump (if it hasn't already...). Happy to have you as my guest if you are on the fence (once the track is open).

Will definitely be running up there some once it opens.  I'm around 90 miles from Rockwall to either, but, much easier with multiple ways to get to Cresson vs. ECR.  Thanks for the offer and feedback.

Can 2 cars fit in the single bay garages?

The website is updated with new prices. $5K one time fee and $250 a month.

Guess it's too late to get the previous prices with only $2.5K buy in?

This is looking like it will be an awesome place! 

Membership is tempting, but 4 hours away on a good day (and is it ever a good day on I-35?) it just doesn't make sense.  Will definitely make the trek for the occasional weekend.  H2R is 45 mins away - easy to run over and do some T&T.  And hey if you can get fast on that bumpy technical track everything else is butter 😄

32 minutes ago, BigMonkey73 said:

Can 2 cars fit in the single bay garages?

The website is updated with new prices. $5K one time fee and $250 a month.

Guess it's too late to get the previous prices with only $2.5K buy in?

Jose - yes, I believe 2 cars fit no problem...call Maggie and discuss both the garage and membership....always best to call, never hurts to ask...

3 minutes ago, KevinDB said:

This is looking like it will be an awesome place! 

Membership is tempting, but 4 hours away on a good day (and is it ever a good day on I-35?) it just doesn't make sense.  Will definitely make the trek for the occasional weekend.  H2R is 45 mins away - easy to run over and do some T&T.  And hey if you can get fast on that bumpy technical track everything else is butter 😄

It's going to be AWESOME!! I understand the travel issue - I think it would make sense if you have a lot of free time and can spend Thurs - Sunday at the track once a month or so....that is pretty much what I plan on doing...except for EVERY weekend that I'm available!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Captain Buddha said:

It's going to be AWESOME!! I understand the travel issue - I think it would make sense if you have a lot of free time and can spend Thurs - Sunday at the track once a month or so....that is pretty much what I plan on doing...except for EVERY weekend that I'm available!!!!!

Yeah for sure.  Not sure how they will structure member days, weekends are often left to be rented to track day orgs or corporate shindigs no?

Ideally, I'm wealthy retired (lol no), member of all the tracks that are reachable by small aircraft (nearby muni airports), I leave a suitable track car or 2 or 3 at said tracks...etc etc 😄

Reality is, being able to free up half a day here and there during the week for a quick trip to the track is more palatable.

Garages are not climate controlled, right? Didn't seem like last time i was in there with you Brad.

Do they have Wifi in the clubhouse?

Can you re-sell the membership if we can't use it anymore for whatever reason?

6 hours ago, BigMonkey73 said:

Garages are not climate controlled, right? Didn't seem like last time i was in there with you Brad.

Do they have Wifi in the clubhouse?

Can you re-sell the membership if we can't use it anymore for whatever reason?

Jose: call Maggie for more info, if you need her number let me know. Yes on the WiFi. Regarding selling memberships, I believe so but best to ask Maggie. Don’t be shy, she’s awesome!!

Picked up the Full Monte Carlo today....from Concierge at ECR. The track is looking BEAUTIFUL!!

Progress is being made on the new garages (the previous covered paddock)....

IMG_7845.jpg

WTH Brad, no pics of the track while you were there?!

probably gonna be a while before I get to a track again. 😞

At COTA this weekend. I think we are running MSR Houston over Memorial Day...will you be there?!

I'll most likely be at MSRH.  If I'm not racing, I'll at least be working a corner or course marshal or trash pickup or whatever else they need me doing..

Good deal - see you there!!

BTW - the garages are looking event better at ECR....dropped off my stuff last night....

Brad - any more updates?  I haven't seen an email in awhile but the weather has been super nice.

Wish I had more info...flying home today from Germany. Will update once I know more. 

Fresh Update!

Another update is certainly overdue, but we were (and are) in a frustrating window where we wait for temperature. Filling your inbox with ’still waiting’ e-mails did not seem so constructive.  

Yes – I am tearing my hair out too !! 

We are told daily by our partners that we need 6 hours of 80 degrees ground temp for 4 days for paving, plus several days before to apply our special tack and ensure the track is dry. Since we are paving in echelon (Paver side by side and the full width – we shared some pictures, see below) – the flow of trucks is a major production (we need some 35 trucks..) and can’t be improvised.

Bottom line – we can’t plan for a reliable temperature and weather window until Mid to End May. The good news is this time we are going into heat so things may move around by a week but not much longer. We hope to catch a break given that we already paid our dues with the weather gods.

In the meantime – the good news/bad news element of waiting is we got to observe the track over the winter, prep for paving, and chase down some water gremlins – to make sure we don’t have to disturb the surface coat once it’s done. We’re working hard to make any final changes before our paving window since we only really get to do this once. 

We have also:

·     Begun construction on the back section… so progress continues.

·     Enclosed a new 36 Car Garage bay.  2/3 are spoken for so if you interested in a garage – please contact us as we will give current members priority. 

We will plan to provide updates every couple of weeks from now on. 

We appreciate the support and enthusiasm – we’re getting closer to ‘go time’. 

Feels like the tail end of an Endurance race … we are fighting, weary and can taste the finish line. A little more patience and focus required before some celebration. 

Should be a fun summer !!! 

Your Friends at ECR