RUQWIKR

ECR improvements - can we get regular updates in here?

We discussed and decided on canceling the November race at the last SCCA meeting, basically they didn't feel there would be enough time between knowing the track was ready to race and when the event was for sanctions and registrations.

I can also confirm the ECR multi-ball mode plan where they want to be able to run two courses at the same time just like at MSR Cresson.

Sounds like the 2019 and 2020 calendars will have lots of events at ECR. The SCCA is going to be the premier organization at ECR and has been given priority on scheduling events. Both the ECR management and the Texas Region SCCA are working together to help each other be as successful as possible.

All goodness.

And don't rush the construction.  We'll take a smooth, durable track in 2019 over meeting some arbitrary deadline.  It pays off in the long run.

Agreed on all counts.   I really liked ECR even in previous configuration, but they were just too hard on the car.  it's also a 6hr drive through both houston and DFW for me and the handful of other houston folk who live/ store cars at or near MSRH, so it's a royal PITA to get to.   But that's a problem for a dozen or so people, not the whole division.

My dad who lives in Oklahoma signed up and got a club racing license because he heard SCCA was going coming back to ECR after several year hiatus..   ECR is about 3.5hrs from him, so he'll probably go more often than I will!

Wonder what plan B is, since that's the race for the division points championship..

You probably got the email, but in case you did not...

SWRRC Update

Because of the cancellation of the SWRRC race at Eagles Canyon in November, the final 2018 SWRRC Double Points race will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019 at MSR Cresson. The Sunday race at MSR Cresson will kick off the 2019 SWRRC season.

Sitara Wilson

on behalf of the Texas Region

Texas Region Race Chair

Sports Car Club of America

We need more tracks w/ 220V outlets, or even better, Tesla Superchargers!

I heard they were going e-racing only. They'll have a few dozen Supercharger stations as well as 220v hookups.

We need more tracks w/ 220V outlets, or even better, Tesla Superchargers!

I really think we will be seeing more and more Tesla's at the track, the Model 3 has already shown that it is a capable track car with a few small mods, and doesn't have the overheating issues like the Model S did.

SWRRC Update

Because of the cancellation of the SWRRC race at Eagles Canyon in November, the final 2018 SWRRC Double Points race will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019 at MSR Cresson. The Sunday race at MSR Cresson will kick off the 2019 SWRRC season.

Sitara Wilson

Texas Region Race Chair

Yep, got it.  I haven't been to MSRC in over 10 years!  That's also the same weekend they usually do the super school and have folks with a freshly-minted novice permit racing.  that could be fun when people are fighting for a championship at the same time they're trying not to run over the n00b.  

It'll be interesting to see how all of these little things are addressed!

This just posted on Facebook

“If everything is under control, you’re not going fast enough”.

We really don’t want to explicitly encourage those that test the limits (of driving and of stupidity), but we have dramatically increased run-offs, removed 3000 plus feet of Armco, and we have a sea of Impact Safety System barriers waiting to be deployed after Phase 1 construction.

We will share more details in the coming weeks !

https://www.facebook.com/106748756058/posts/10155382654916059/

SWRRC Update

Sitara Wilson

Texas Region Race Chair

Sorry off topic but...

I'm not getting these emails. Who do I contact?

Yes I am a member and have been wondering about super school this next year.

Carry on.

Oh yes we can wait for a good cured track. WTG EC!

Sorry off topic but...

I'm not getting these emails. Who do I contact?

Yes I am a member and have been wondering about super school this next year.

Carry on.

Oh yes we can wait for a good cured track. WTG EC!

Sitara Wilson is the SCCA Club Race Chair: [email protected]

No pics - but there is a LOT of heavy equipment out there...I'll let the ECR folks post the pix, don't want to post anything out of turn. Progress is being made though!

Lots of folks getting really excited about ECR, got this update yesterday:

Some of the schedule has changed, based on a million data points and priorities we are looking at daily. But we still expect to be up and running by Mid October. 

We are 6-8 weeks away from finishing Phase 1– the reconstruction and repave of the 1.6 Mile, "short loop" with crossover. 

Immediately after (and some in parallel) we will tackle Phase 2– reconstruction and repave of the existing long track. We hope that will be done by November but cannot be sure until we are further into the schedule and can evaluate the impact of weather. We decided to keep the existing track as one of the configurations – because it is possible to do in a shorter timeline. 

Phase 3

is the new back section. We hope to be able to do this in Spring/Summer 2019. With the new phasing logic, it will cause very little interruption to track operations… and allow us to run the existing long and short track in the meantime

Some of the schedule has changed, based on a million data points and priorities we are looking at daily. But we still expect to be up and running by Mid October. 

Got a feeling that new PBs will be all the rage with a repaved version of the existing long track. Sweet scenario to build momentum leading to the new back section and ECR 2.0. And maybe even more track permutations long term? Despite questioning viability of October (sounds like a stretch), but am feeling giddy about where they are heading. Really good stuff

My biggest concern about stuff like this is putting cars on the asphalt too soon and not allowing full cure time necessary.  obviously that's between the track and contractor, but the longer you can wait before putting weight on it, the better it will be for longevity.

I love all the updates.  I'll joining either MSRC or ECR in 2019 but right now Cresson wins due to the shops around the track and the fact i can keep my trailer there.

post-900-0-27982200-1537750369_thumb.jpg

post-900-0-84595200-1537750360_thumb.jpg

I thought I would post some photos of last week at the track  ( before the rain) ECR has decided to change the track to a full time off road course and save the expense of removing all the bumps. With Market Research it was discovered there is a need for such a course. Now Jeeps, off road vehicle and side by sides will have a place to call home.

AYEEEE!!

Texas Region SCCA Time Trials - Double Header at ECR November 17-18, 2018!!!

I wonder how this effects super school. Guess I will go to the meeting again next month.

I wonder how this effects super school. Guess I will go to the meeting again next month.

The race school and time trials will be running on the same days in different heats. It splits the costs between the two programs and allows us to keep the entry fees as low as possible.

https://www.scca.com/pages/i-want-to-road-race

What I know from last year and the club meeting earlier this month.

Must have full race car with current safety equipment. There will be tech onsite. Friday evening is classroom, saturday and sunday track and classroom.

Medical form must be printed in color and have no blank spaces. Must be on file with national office before going to school.

https://www.scca.com/pages/i-want-to-road-race

What I know from last year and the club meeting earlier this month.

Must have full race car with current safety equipment. There will be tech onsite. Friday evening is classroom, saturday and sunday track and classroom.

Medical form must be printed in color and have no blank spaces. Must be on file with national office before going to school.

And when they say full race car with current safety, it does not need to be an SCCA classed car, as long as it will pass their safety rules. (They don't really care about the classing, more about making sure you don't die and you have tow hooks.)

I have seen people bring LeMons, NASA class cars, rental spec racer fords or SMs, etc.. Lemons tech used to be a bit light as compared to scca, but they have gotten more stringent since I stopped racing with them, so it's likely many crapcan cars would be ok as long as the safety is up to snuff. (The cage in our old lemon miata was a standard SCCA spec miata cage, but made taller for our sasquatch driver. Add fire extinguisher, tow hooks, seat, brace, nets, voila.