RUQWIKR

ECR improvements - can we get regular updates in here?

Did the Park Place event last weekend and we got to walk and be driven in pickups/golf karts/etc (slowly) around the new section

Really Miata friendly, lots more elevation change than imagined, and the straight into 11 will be really fast since you enter carrying more speed.

Can't wait to run the whole track and especially going CW

Tire wear is very minimal.  Surprised everyone.  Grip isn't there yet, but lots of fun.

1 hour ago, Matt93SE said:

the straights look way shorter from those angles!

Trust me, they are plenty long. They aren't COTA bad, but they are still about twice as long as they need to be. Longer straights just cost more in consumables, I guess you have to accommodate the horsepower people (buncha weirdos).

1 hour ago, BRZ4Science said:

Trust me, they are plenty long. They aren't COTA bad, but they are still about twice as long as they need to be. Longer straights just cost more in consumables, I guess you have to accommodate the horsepower people (buncha weirdos).

oh yeah, I'm well aware.  (I was the 150hp car racing in a 300hp class!)

but that was part of my point..  the photos above make the track look short and curvy.  it's really a long skinny track, just doesn't look it in the photos above.

Walked the Italian canyon Saturday evening and it’s going to be a beast. All paving is done and most of the curbing. Brad said if the weather co to use to cooperate, they hope to be running it sometime next month. 

2 minutes ago, BobKid said:

Walked the Italian canyon Saturday evening and it’s going to be a beast. All paving is done and most of the curbing. Brad said if the weather co to use to cooperate, they hope to be running it sometime next month. 

yeah well last night screwed that up!

16 minutes ago, BobKid said:

Ahh. I've been calling it "the boot".

The rain was freaking nuts...the wind, etc...in Grapevine/DFW Airport area....to the East of us in Dallas/Preston Hollow and points East...oh man...crazy bad stuff!

Attended the instructor school today - we spent some time on the new back section....OMG OMG OMG!!! Yeah, you are going to LOVE it...as well as all the other cool things happening!!! The new Open Track Days are going to be AWESOME as well!!!

20 hours ago, Captain Buddha said:

Attended the instructor school today - we spent some time on the new back section....OMG OMG OMG!!! Yeah, you are going to LOVE it...as well as all the other cool things happening!!! The new Open Track Days are going to be AWESOME as well!!!

Signed up right away for the 11/16.  Looking forward to my first track time on ECR!

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:36 PM, RUQWIKR said:

Signed up right away for the 11/16.  Looking forward to my first track time on ECR!

Yo Dave,

What's the event on 11/16?  Is it members only?

2 hours ago, dbyrd said:

Yo Dave,

What's the event on 11/16?  Is it members only?

Hope to see you there!  Daniel, you could play with SCCA for Time Trials the week before (11/9) as well.

4 hours ago, RUQWIKR said:

Hope to see you there!  Daniel, you could play with SCCA for Time Trials the week before (11/9) as well.

I’m doing the BMW event at Hallett the week before. 

I swear I went to the ECR site twice looking for this track day. Thanks for the info and link, guys!