Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ECR improvements - can we get regular updates in here?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06
You can keep your trailer at ECR.

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

Kenny_S2K

Kenny_S2K

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationDFW
  • Track Vehicle:2006 Honda S2000
Some more updates on the Facebook page:

The moment you understand what 2 foot deep X 40 Foot wide reconstruction really looks like...

Some amazing partners and ECR staff messing things up before we put it together again, one careful layer at a time.

https://www.facebook...55416856921059/

Mud_Duck

Mud_Duck

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX
  • Track Vehicle:2003 Miata

AYEEEE!!

Texas Region SCCA Time Trials - Double Header at ECR November 17-18, 2018!!!

Stan Culpepper

Stan Culpepper

Track Addict

• Junkies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Locationwww.eaglescanyon.com

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

I thought I would post some photos of last week at the track  ( before the rain) ECR has decided to change the track to a full time off road course and save the expense of removing all the bumps. With Market Research it was discovered there is a need for such a course. Now Jeeps, off road vehicle and side by sides will have a place to call home.

centerville

centerville

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHaltom City
  • Track Vehicle:'94 Mustang

AYEEEE!!

Texas Region SCCA Time Trials - Double Header at ECR November 17-18, 2018!!!

I wonder how this effects super school. Guess I will go to the meeting again next month.

BRZ4Science

BRZ4Science

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Subaru BRZ

I wonder how this effects super school. Guess I will go to the meeting again next month.

The race school and time trials will be running on the same days in different heats. It splits the costs between the two programs and allows us to keep the entry fees as low as possible.

centerville

centerville

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHaltom City

Ok everything moved to that weekend.

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3
Where can I get info on the race school? I could not find it anywhere.

I'm a lost soul.

centerville

centerville

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHaltom City

https://www.scca.com...nt-to-road-race

What I know from last year and the club meeting earlier this month.

Must have full race car with current safety equipment. There will be tech onsite. Friday evening is classroom, saturday and sunday track and classroom.

Medical form must be printed in color and have no blank spaces. Must be on file with national office before going to school.

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

https://www.scca.com...nt-to-road-race

What I know from last year and the club meeting earlier this month.

Must have full race car with current safety equipment. There will be tech onsite. Friday evening is classroom, saturday and sunday track and classroom.

Medical form must be printed in color and have no blank spaces. Must be on file with national office before going to school.

And when they say full race car with current safety, it does not need to be an SCCA classed car, as long as it will pass their safety rules. (They don't really care about the classing, more about making sure you don't die and you have tow hooks.)

I have seen people bring LeMons, NASA class cars, rental spec racer fords or SMs, etc.. Lemons tech used to be a bit light as compared to scca, but they have gotten more stringent since I stopped racing with them, so it's likely many crapcan cars would be ok as long as the safety is up to snuff. (The cage in our old lemon miata was a standard SCCA spec miata cage, but made taller for our sasquatch driver. Add fire extinguisher, tow hooks, seat, brace, nets, voila.

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

El_Tortuga

El_Tortuga

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationDFW
  • Track Vehicle:2014 Mustang GT (Track pack/Recaros)

I'm afraid I might already know the answer with this unprecedented amount of rain, but has anybody heard or seen anything lately?

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

I'm afraid I might already know the answer with this unprecedented amount of rain, but has anybody heard or seen anything lately?

muuudddd.   everywhere.

After the rain I saw at DKC over the weekend, I would expect that ECR is at a standstill until the ground dries up a little.   

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

marco8

marco8

Track Enthusiast

• Junkies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHighland Village
  • Track Vehicle:94 SC Miata
Email received today:

Giant machines chewing up asphalt and dirt, cutting slabs of limestone --- and then drying, compacting, grading, stabilizing.

100,000 tons of dirt moved and counting, miles of drains and culverts installed.

Holy construction mayhem Batman!

Eagles Canyon 2.0 is so much more than just a re-do – we are reshaping and reimagining the place.

It is also an epic battle against the elements.

This is an update of where we are; it is a good news, bad news story.

The bad news is simple – look out your window at the weather. We have had the wettest September on record, and October is even wetter so far; it has set us weeks behind – and put us in a difficult position for the paving as the temperatures get colder. We knew this was a risk going in and we ‘ll have to fight our way through. Things have held up remarkably well, given the rain – a testament to the quality of what is being done.

The good news is: we are fighting like lions. Our partners, our plan – is just getting better and better. The passion and the quality of our team is incredible and that is precisely why the weather doesn’t scare us. We can’t control it, but we can control how we execute the final product, and we will get there.

So – we fight on. Our goal is to do everything we can to finish Phase 1 in November; but we need enough dry days and then some days over 70… to get it all done. We will keep you posted and organize a town hall sometime soon to have a ‘live’ discussion.

We really, really appreciate the support you have all showed us. It is heavy lifting on all fronts to get this done. A huge investment, and a huge undertaking.

It will be incredibly special once it is done. We hate overpromising – so you will have to see some of this for yourself when it is complete… but I can assure you we are cutting no corners. This will be done right, and you will be very proud to be one of the core members that made it possible.

Kenny_S2K

Kenny_S2K

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationDFW
Latest update from Facebook:

What does 25.000 Square Yards of Geotech look like ? Well, a biiiig blue metallic blanket to give structure and keep moisture away from our new track. Pinned tight to our cement stabilized sub-base.
Its kind of a shame to cover it up with the next layer!

https://www.facebook...55510338536059/

Kong Sheng Han

Kong Sheng Han

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationKaty
  • Track Vehicle:E46 M3
Anyone know if the price of OTDs will go up from $200? I’m trying to get people from the UT car club to go.

I'm a lost soul.

Vinnieb

Vinnieb

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Track Vehicle:'94 Poopra

As WRL, SCCA, and NASA (???) Schedules come together, it looks like this is gonna be a pretty popular place!  Hope I can figure out how to get quick there...

Hollywood

Hollywood

Wingman

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:Money on fire

As WRL, SCCA, and NASA (???) Schedules come together, it looks like this is gonna be a pretty popular place!  Hope I can figure out how to get quick there...

Definitely looking forward to doing club racing there, WRL's addition was an awesome treat.

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
99 SM | 94 WRL | 08 S2000 CR | 18 CIVIC TYPE-R

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

As WRL, SCCA, and NASA (???) Schedules come together, it looks like this is gonna be a pretty popular place! Hope I can figure out how to get quick there...

Buy my #13 Camaro and I’ll include a full day of coaching with Max Nufer...

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

Kenny_S2K

Kenny_S2K

Track Freak

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationDFW
Update posted on Facebook