RUQWIKR

ECR improvements - can we get regular updates in here?

I was just up there a couple weeks ago and got driven around the track by one of the employees. They had completely redone the clubhouse, and it was really nice. Couches, tables, TVs, a Simulator, Massage chairs, Showers!, etc. He also drew me a map of what the new layout will look like:

AQXlojm.jpg

The new turn 6 layout looks great.  it will certainly break up the 100% horsepower drag races..

I was never a huge fan of turn 7 because of the blind hill and difficult-to-hit-just-right entry, but loved the off camber turn 8 exit when you did get 7 right.. I did many a 4-wheel slide off the back of that turn. :)

hopefully the new turn 7-8 will provide similar fun.

I sure hope they get this all sorted. It's a neat track with some good elevation and we sorely need another track in Texas with the loss of TWS. Fingers crossed that this happens, and soon.

I sure hope they get this all sorted. It's a neat track with some good elevation and we sorely need another track in Texas with the loss of TWS. Fingers crossed that this happens, and soon.

It's under construction right now, if I understand things right. Whether this will be another destination track in Texas, I dunno. This is probably a step in the right direction, though.

Yes, track is closed for construction now and is supposed to re-open this fall.   check their FB page for some updates as well.

It's under construction right now, if I understand things right. Whether this will be another destination track in Texas, I dunno. This is probably a step in the right direction, though.

hopefully someone builds a gas station that isn't 30 minutes away too. 

I heard they were going e-racing only. They'll have a few dozen Supercharger stations as well as 220v hookups.

The back straight is going to be much faster now due to the sweeping T6 entry...

The new turn 6 layout looks great. it will certainly break up the 100% horsepower drag races..

I was never a huge fan of turn 7 because of the blind hill and difficult-to-hit-just-right entry, but loved the off camber turn 8 exit when you did get 7 right.. I did many a 4-wheel slide off the back of that turn. :)

hopefully the new turn 7-8 will provide similar fun.

So glad to see this.  Can't wait to go in November with SCCA.  And I heard WRL rumors swirling about as well!

hopefully someone builds a gas station that isn't 30 minutes away too. 

I noticed a gas pump while I was out there. Not sure what octane(s) are available. 

I noticed a gas pump while I was out there. Not sure what octane(s) are available. 

They've got 93, 97, and 100 (93 for sure and two higher, I think they were 97 and 100 but I've only used the 93).

They don't overcharge and it's ethanol free gas. I use the pumps every time I go to ECR and the 93 is only a little higher priced than the stations (20-30 cents per gallon, but ethanol free stuff is always more expensive than the normal ethanol gas).

Once demand warrants it again I'm sure they will have 110 at the pumps - Concierge keeps it by the barrel in their shop as that is what most of their cars run.

Nice layout.  Looks like they are setting it up so they can run multiple configurations or even have simultaneous events like MSR-C has been doing lately.  That track sorely needed some fast sweepers and now it will get them.

Nice layout.  Looks like they are setting it up so they can run multiple configurations or even have simultaneous events like MSR-C has been doing lately.  That track sorely needed some fast sweepers and now it will get them.

due to location of pit out/in, you can't run the back section of the track independent of the front section.   (unless they add another pit out/in and a road around the front of the track.)

due to location of pit out/in, you can't run the back section of the track independent of the front section.   (unless they add another pit out/in and a road around the front of the track.)

This, like the wind, will change...in due time, young grasshopper....(on the windshield of the car called life....LOL).

This, like the wind, will change...in due time, young grasshopper....(on the windshield of the car called life....LOL).

I do not disagree.   however, I are enguneer. I see what's on the drawings and have to base my comments on that.  

I do not disagree.   however, I are enguneer. I see what's on the drawings and have to base my comments on that.  

I are an ed duh ter.....I've seen the "real"drawings but it was off the record.....

So glad to see this.  Can't wait to go in November with SCCA.  And I heard WRL rumors swirling about as well!

CANCELLED: SWRRC Race At Eagles Canyon Nov 10-11 2018

Unfortunately we have decided to cancel the scheduled event at Eagles Canyon Raceway on Nov 10-11 2018.

This event was slated to be a Double Regional SWRRC Points earning race for 2018 on Saturday, and a Regional SWRRC Points earning race for 2019 on Sunday.

I felt it was important to get this notice to all members as soon as possible. I am happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding this cancellation at my email address below.

We do plan to have a race event at Eagles Canyon on the 2019 Schedule, but I will not announce that until it is definite.

Sitara Wilson
on behalf of the Texas Region

BOOOOOO!!!!!  :(

I guess too close to completion and risking a last-minute cancellation if there were any delays in construction...

Wonder what plan B is, since that's the race for the division points championship..

We discussed and decided on canceling the November race at the last SCCA meeting, basically they didn't feel there would be enough time between knowing the track was ready to race and when the event was for sanctions and registrations.

I can also confirm the ECR multi-ball mode plan where they want to be able to run two courses at the same time just like at MSR Cresson.

Sounds like the 2019 and 2020 calendars will have lots of events at ECR. The SCCA is going to be the premier organization at ECR and has been given priority on scheduling events. Both the ECR management and the Texas Region SCCA are working together to help each other be as successful as possible.