strengthrehab

Anyone doing Advanced Instruction with TDE in October?

Please tell me that you’re joking as I don’t have windows .

no windows, no interior, NO PROBLEM!

Just make sure you put anti-fog on your windshield (and mirrors!!!) a few days in advance. AMHIK..

no windows, no interior, NO PROBLEM!

Just make sure you put anti-fog on your windshield (and mirrors!!!) a few days in advance. AMHIK..

Anti fog = RainX?   Or some other miracle compound of which I am unaware?

Anti fog = RainX?   Or some other miracle compound of which I am unaware?

RainX on the outside of the windshield if you so choose.  my RX7 doesn't have wipers, so I just RainX the crap out of the glass and have never had a problem---except for that one time I went off and covered everything in mud.  it took a few laps of driving through the BIG puddles to splash enough water up to clean the glass off enough to see. :)

On the inside, use RainX antifog (or equivalent).  rear window and mirrors are also quite useful if you're as slow as I am in the rain!!!

I used the RainX anti-fog with good results for years, but at the last race I didn't put it on early enough. I forgot to do it beforehand and sprayed the stuff on my windshield about 20 minutes before the race (while it was sprinkling)..   it flat out didn't work, and my windshield was white by the time I pulled out of grid.   I had to leave my belts loose and reach up and wipe a spot on the windshield every straightaway.  I couldn't see out the right side of the windshield or anything to the rear since all of the windows and mirrors were fogged.

you CANNOT put it on when it's raining or 100% humidity outside- it just does not work.  you MUST put it on beforehand with dry weather and give it a chance to dry before putting it in damn conditions.   every time in the past I thought ahead and got it done the night before.  worked great up until this time.

The other old trick is to use Dawn dish soap.  put a little on a rag and rub it into the glass really well; let it dry into a haze and then rub until the glass is clear again.  works better than many/most $$ anti-fog treatments.

Okay - so there IS a specific anti fog RainX product...Amazon priming me some of that action - Thanks Matt!

Weather report now looks good. Should be low humidity and nice unless the front is early and then it will rain. The hurricane is headed to Florida.

5bbb9b0cf2edd_mrburns.gif

Okay - so there IS a specific anti fog RainX product...Amazon priming me some of that action - Thanks Matt!

And it works SUPER well, I wish I had taken a picture of my window yesterday morning where you could see the small spot I had missed with the anti fog. It was night and day. 

Looks like a warm but dry day tomorrow.

Yeah buddy - putting the sticky shoes on this evening :cool:

It was a fun event and the weather was great. I learned a few things and obtained a PB of 1.55 while trying to chase Edison who somehow vanished after a couple of laps making true to his car name :biggrin:

Edison, it was nice meeting you but I want a rematch!

Joe, it was nice seeing you and congrats on your PB, that's FAST!!!

Super fun event!

Drove the CW configuration for the first time...it’s like going an entire different track which made it interesting!

Just a few cars on track so almost no traffic at all. Plus being a one day deal still leaves Sunday to get stuff done.

Lowered by PB in the pig audi TT to 1:56.70 on the CCW config [emoji106]

Good seeing speedracer and Edison out there

Good day at the track with many of the TJ family members.

Nice putting a face to screen makes, @@z28pwr and @@joesurf79.  Also familiar faces like @@ajay, @@speedracer, and @@ToplessTT.

Casper did mighty fine.  I wasn't timing myself, but my guess (based on what other people were doing)  is I was about 2 sec away from Kermit's times.  This was on street tires.  I should be able to at least match his times or better when moving to Toyo RRs next time.

Good day at the track with many of the TJ family members.

Nice putting a face to screen makes, @@z28pwr and @@joesurf79.  Also familiar faces like @@ajay, @speed racer, and @@ToplessTT.

Casper did mighty fine.  I wasn't timing myself, but my guess (based on what other people were doing)  is I was about 2 sec away from Kermit's times.  This was on street tires.  I should be able to at least match his times or better when moving to Toyo RRs next time.

Was that a hoot or what!?!? Great weather and great times because of the great people involved:) Edison, John, Joe - great to put faces with the real/internet names. Hope to see everyone at the track again soon! Hitting 1:49.806 headed CCW was icing on the cake :)

It was great to see everyone. I was a little disappointed in my performance. I didn't study the clockwise line so I struggled to find the line . Late in the second session my oil pressure gage read zero so it went to the pits. Once in the pits the car overheated. While I was fixing the loose wire on the oil sending unit I noticed that the nut on top of the strut was missing. I decided to call it a day. I ended up with a list of things I need to on the car and things to work on my driving skills . I guess we are both a work in progress.

I had a disappointing day. I entered the weekend with a completely new suspension setup and a 4 month break from driving the car (had to swap clutch in June). I listened to a few people on the net and set my dampers to just off full stiff and that resulted in a crap ton of corner exit oversteer resulting in an off on 2 successive laps with one happening as I was entering pit straight going CW.

I softened everything and was better going CCW, but was still about 1.5 seconds off my best.

Pulling off track after the 4th session, car was running like dog crap below 2500 rpm. I was able to drive it home, but now I'm chasing a super rich issue.

Also, I have to check the suspension again as one of my new rear shocks is either broken or uber loose.

Overall it was a good event, but I'm disappointed in my performance. post-1494-15396133701507_thumb.jpeg