joesurf79

What do you call this?

Where the trailing edge of fender well is folded in. I assume giving any high pressure air an easier path out of the well? Seems easy enough to execute the fender-ectomy. But what is that called?

5b51316448347_brzfender.jpg

So as part of an overall cohesive aero plan where you're trying to eek out every last possible millisecond, I'm sure it might help, right? Since I have hood vents already, my other thought was to use a plastic duct in the fender liner to vent wheel well air towards the hood vents. Cheaper / easier probably.

Just remember if you are going to move to time trial or similar at some point, you will have class rules to abide by. Those won't be legal with NASA until you have a fair bit of power.

Just remember if you are going to move to time trial or similar at some point, you will have class rules to abide by. Those won't be legal with NASA until you have a fair bit of power.

Great point and one that I have considered. That may be the thing that gets me to stop tinkering eventually. Only so much I can do and remain within a rule set once I make the leap to racing. 

Step one: Read Rules

Step two: Get Faster

Step three: Go Racing

I call it someone hit my car and i'm too cheap to fix it

Or "Oops, I forgot to torque my lug nuts and lost a wheel during a track day, but dammit I'm going to finish this day!"

Isn't that where the afterburner pops out and the car takes flight?  Didn't anyone see Back to the Future?

Looks like my front fender every time i finish a Spec Miata race.

you still have fenders at end of a miata race?

The more options the high pressure air has to evacuate, the better, in my opinion. I think the Ferrari 488 is an excellent example of an innovative approach to front fender air evacuation.  Definitely the first street car to approach it that way. As in, the basically cut out any side skirt or fender skirt and start the sideskirt and apron further back.

I call it a fender bender.