Welcome to TrackJunkies.Org
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Improvements at GSS

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shuka

Shuka

Raccoon Engineering

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:ND Miata

I was at GSS a while back, and they were talking about some improvements "to be done by October!"

I saw they had started on real bathrooms and a clubhouse, and they were talking about a track extension too.

Is anyone a regular there that can update us?

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

This is the email I was sent from them on Sunday (7-8-18 for those reading the thread 2 years from now)

GRANDSPORT TRACK DAY JULY 15, 2018 WITNESS THE BUILDING OF A TEXAS LEGEND!

GET YOUR CAR ON TRACK!
Weather looks great! Sign up before Tuesday July 10th and save $25!
https://grandsportsp...ort-track-days/

MAIN BUILDING STRUCTURE
Two 3000sq ft buildings have arrived. They will be placed in the grass hole in the paddock. The concrete foundation may be poured by the time you get there! These buildings will become a main gathering place for track events, a temporary Clubhouse for our members as well as a car storage facility.  It is the first of many buildings going in in the six months at GrandSport Speedway.  Member garages and weather canopies will soon follow.

NEW PERMANENT RESTROOMS
By the end of May you will see the new permanent concrete bathroom building.  In addition to the regular stuff like running water in sinks and flush toilets this new structure will also house showers so that you can clean up before you head back home.  You should be able to use these new facilities in the May event.

CORNER STATIONS
This weekend you will see that we have started to install the corner stations are in place for the flag people who will help control everyone on the two mile track.(Coming SEPT 1ST 2018)

SAFTEY BARRIERS
The new Armco is set up in key locations to help keep you where you need to be.

MORE RACE TRACK!
We are paving another mile of track in May.  We will let the asphalt sit and cure until September 1st and then open it up for use!

THE NEW ENTRANCE ROAD!
We will be building a new entrance road on the very south end of the property so that everyone can come and go while everyone is on track. We may even put up a sign so you can find us!

SO MANY EXCITING THINGS GOING ON AT GRANDSPORT IN THE NEXT YEAR!  YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF IT!

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

Captain Buddha

Captain Buddha

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationGrapevine, TX
  • Track Vehicle:Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2, Camaro #13 GT2/TA2, Z06

This popped up on my facecritter feed last night:

MANAGEMENT POSITION for someone to establish themselves in Motorsports Facility and 'Athletic Run Event' business in Houston. Daily management and facility services sales lead to a great potential for yearly bonuses and strong future in this solid industry. We require assistance in facility management, facility build out and sales and marketing.

Some on job training will be provided to a qualified individual.

Management experience, self starter and superior organization skills with an reasonable understanding of the racing business is an asset. Understanding of the mud run, color run etc business could also be important. 

Better than average computer literacy and the understanding of various business and social media platforms encouraged. Related diploma/degree would also be an asset.

BE A PART OF THE BUILDING OF ANOTHER TEXAS LEGEND!! GrandSport Speedway and Terrain Warrior.

Qualified candidates can email their resumes to david@grandsportspeedway.com

2003 Monte Carlo #13 GTA/GT2 - 2015 SCCA Mid-States Majors GT2 Champ

2011 Camaro #13 TA2/GT2

56201e78c30b9_DaytonaBankingsig.jpg

Shuka

Shuka

Raccoon Engineering

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
  • LocationHouston
  • Track Vehicle:ND Miata

Very cool!

My one gripe remaining would be the return trip home through I-45 traffic.

Matt93SE

Matt93SE

TRACKJUNKIE

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationHouston-ish
  • Track Vehicle:The slow kind

Very cool!

My one gripe remaining would be the return trip home through I-45 traffic.

I take Hwy 6 to 35, then south to 1462.

And just because I'm a shitty driver doesn't make a miata any less slow.

I drive slow as shit. LOL

geez, now I realize I drive slow everywhere. haha!

joesurf79

joesurf79

Against the wind...

• Junkies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationSugar Land TX
  • Track Vehicle:Gutted 2016 BRZ
Looking on the GSS site, there looks to be actual structures being built, foundations poured etc. Kinda excited to see where this goes.