Sign in to follow this  
Stan Culpepper

Last Chance to Drive ECR 1.0 before the 2.5 mile closes.

Any update on what the renovation is going to do? New track surface? New layout?

I'm interested, what's the date on that OTD Stan? The website say the next one is June 23.

Odd, original post content has been deleted. It did say the 28th. I received something from EC a few days ago stating big announcement coming.......

Next OTD is Saturday, July 28 - noon start time, going until L A T E !!! Thinking about spending the weekend there with the coach.

There is also an SCCA Club Trial on 7/21 (you can sign up as either a timed competitor or for the PDX part if you don't want to compete).

I'll be instructing at both the 7/21 SCCA event and the 7/28 OTD. ECR is a ton of fun with both groups and the changes are exciting.

There is also an SCCA Club Trial on 7/21 (you can sign up as either a timed competitor or for the PDX part if you don't want to compete).

I'll be instructing at both the 7/21 SCCA event and the 7/28 OTD. ECR is a ton of fun with both groups and the changes are exciting.

I've been there once before (earlier this year) and was seriously impressed by the new ownership's attitude (awesome!!) and the track layout which was a total Blast!

I'm going to try like heck to make it to the OTD if I have my car back by then!

I will know more later tonight or tomorrow. The pavers are wanting to start before July28th to allow the  hot weather to help smooth out the seams between loads of asphalt when paving the new track. We are trying to determine when the last day is going to be. Hold Tight I will post ASAP. I will need to let the ECR  instructors know and then the forums once I find out if we are still on for July 28th or need to change the date.

November SCCA date still happening?  I'm really looking forward to it! 

The SCCA Event is on, we've sold out a number of the previous events so don't wait too long to sign up.

I will know more later tonight or tomorrow. The pavers are wanting to start before July28th to allow the  hot weather to help smooth out the seams between loads of asphalt when paving the new track. We are trying to determine when the last day is going to be. Hold Tight I will post ASAP. I will need to let the ECR  instructors know and then the forums once I find out if we are still on for July 28th or need to change the date.

Well?

Well?

According to my instructor email, we'll know for sure either way by the end of the week. They're trying to figure out if it'll be hot and dry long enough to get the asphalt done if they wait another week, or if they need to start on the 23rd to get it done before the weather turns.

The SCCA event is happening on the 21st, but the OTD is in limbo. Stan and the guys do a great job, so I'm sure we'll find out as soon as they know (waiting this long means they are trying to accommodate the OTD as best they can, otherwise they'd have just cancelled it from the start).

Missing a day would be unfortunate, but if it means the track is finished in time for some November events then so be it. If the weather turns and the asphalt can't be done before it cools down too much, we could only have part of the track finished and ready to go before Spring 2019.

I am going to ECR on Saturday.  I have just been driving at Cresson and want to see this track once before it closes for the resurfacing and other changes.

Jeff

It's a good track, they've put in a ton of work already and there is so much more to come.

I'll see you there. I managed to survive last weekend and it was nearly 10 degrees hotter. Hopefully the lower temperatures will result in lower track times.

Will be out there in the coach and Z06 Friday-Sunday. Fly home from Detroit tomorrow afternoon then heading straight there. Instructing as well.

Will be there tomorrow in my gray 981 Cayman S. 

Any update on the improvements / paving that was going to be shown after yesterday's open track day?

Any update on the improvements / paving that was going to be shown after yesterday's open track day?

In the next 7-10 days either construction starts, or we will know for sure that it won't start until spring 2019. The short course will be completed first and will be done sometime in September or October (the short course is very similar to the previous short course, but with improvements to both safety/runoff and transitions/the crossover). 

The full course will be redone before summer 2019 and there are provisions for two conjoined configurations that can be run separately or together in both directions (so 6 total configurations). The new section gets rid of the straight between turns 5&6 and replaces it with a high speed esses section and a long, fast high speed sweeper back onto the straight between 6&7. Turn 7 will be modified and made less severe and moved up before the hill, but the rest of the track will be very similar to the old configuration after turn 7 (they're keeping as much of the elevation change corners as possible and trying to preserve the parts of the old track that people really liked).  

Of course, this is all up to the whims of the weather. Most likely, the short course will be finished Octoberish and the rest of the course will have to wait until the spring (the asphalt they're using has to be laid when it stays above about 75F, there should be plenty of time to get the short course done but it isn't too likely that the full course will be finished before fall/winter). If the weather and construction goes smoothly there is a remote chance that the whole thing will be completed before November, but this is unlikely. The second half will probably have to wait until spring, and the whole track should be up and running in the new configuration sometime in May.

The plans look promising, and the whole ECR team is approaching everything with a great attitude and plenty of planning. I'm pretty excited to see what they do.

The short course should be up and running around the beginning of September, they've pretty much done all the prep work they could without closing the track and once they start on the short course they'll finish relatively quickly.

The project is a major overhaul of the entire track, they're tearing it down and starting from draining and a new foundation all the way to new asphalt. This isn't going to be just a simple repaving. 

Oh, and they are going to build some sort of off-roading course.

Everything is subject to change and nothing I say is official, I was just at the OTD and the town-hall meeting afterwards.

Kudos to the owners and management of Eagles Canyon. They really are committed to making the track and facilities great. The track is really good now but it sounds like it's going to be great with the modifications. (And maybe a little easier on brakes!) 

Had a blast out there this weekend — even with the heat.