joesurf79

My BRZ: White Lighten-ing, and a formal Introduction

Some would say I'm late to the party here, but given the lap times I turn (and ironically have still not timed up to this point) that may not surprise anyone :P

Several of you I know from TDE events either as fellow drivers (read: pointing you by in red) or as my instructors, many more I don't, but I am friendly to all...except tires and clutches.

And so I submit some pics of "White Lighten-ing". My track only, gutted, oft misguided attempt at a wanna-be-lotus-light, "someday will race NASA TT(?)" BRZ. I'm constantly tinkering with it, playing with something, building something, fixing something. On occasion, I even make things better than they were!

Hooked long ago, Lurked here for a while, joined a bit ago, have mooched tech advice a-plenty, finally saying "Hello". Thanks! Joe Villemarette

post-1644-0-83131700-1528480584_thumb.jpg

post-1644-0-50859900-1528480743_thumb.jpg

AYE OH!

Always good times at TDE! 

It's you I was referencing with the point by's comment...but be forewarned Clifton! I'm coming for your HPDE trophy. I have Yellow headers now. Yellow!!

Welcome to the party. But I've got to warn you as one Joe to another. If they'll let a mustang guy like me in here, its not that exclusive a club. 

Welcome to the trackjunkies family! Don't forget to sign up for Premium membership! Your contribution helps maintain and grow the site!

Welcome to the party. But I've got to warn you as one Joe to another. If they'll let a mustang guy like me in here, its not that exclusive a club.

I'm not after exclusivity Tortuga ;)

Something something friends in low places something something beer drow...beer. Yes. Cold Beer.

Things have escalated - it's road race cage time. With kiddo number one on the way, and me being into the BRZ for-the-long-haul-ride-or-die as my track steed, we agreed (read: the wife agreed to let me spend the money) that maximum safety was the only way to go (read: husband is a track addict, and quitting was never considered;) .

After last weekend with TDE in Cresson, the BRZ was dropped off with Spencer at Dashbuilt in North Ft Worth. Several examples of his clean welding work are around the shop, and I liked the amount of communication back and forth during the proposal phase. Super excited to see the progress and final results in 3-4 weeks!

Things have escalated - it's road race cage time. With kiddo number one on the way, and me being into the BRZ for-the-long-haul-ride-or-die as my track steed, we agreed that maximum safety was the only way to go.

After last weekend with TDE in Cresson, the BRZ was dropped off with Spencer at Dashbuilt in North Ft Worth. Several examples of his clean welding work are around the shop, and I liked the amount of communication back and forth during the proposal phase. Super excited to see the progress and final results in 3-4 weeks!

Spencer is great. You'll love it. 

NIce. Interested to see how your cage turns out. My FR-S is reaching the decision point where I need to decide about putting a cage in it.

NIce. Interested to see how your cage turns out. My FR-S is reaching the decision point where I need to decide about putting a cage in it.

I'll post update pics as it progresses and I get them.

UGH!  This is not helping my "keep her streetable" campaign for the M3.  I DON'T (but I do) want to see how it turns out!

You drive that car freakishly fast bro! Looking forward to driving with you again once it's all caged up and ready to tear up some tires!

You drive that car freakishly fast bro! Looking forward to driving with you again once it's all caged up and ready to tear up some tires!

Look forward to driving and hanging out some more too Jose - but lets not go over board with the freakishly fast part haha! Let's agree that the car get "mildly hustled"...there is still time to extract from it - I need to learn more ;)

My AIM DL data is severly limited by the lack of ECU support. There are a handful of channels that it records until the BRZ ECU gets programmed...grumble grumble.

That's an interesting mount!

Yeah, I emailed and asked about this junction, but was told it is normal and will be fine once everything is finalized. It's one of those things like asking a surgeon if the hammer and chisel are really necessary in the middle of a knee replacement I think...;)

5b4ce3ea84487_Rollcage4.jpg