Sign in to follow this  
strengthrehab

CCW track notes?

I see the cow track notes...are there any for ccw? I am mostly concerned with lines/techniques at diamond's edge and the sweeper. Maybe then 1 too as I don't think I'm getting the most out of my car and myself in those spots.

CCW Diamond's Edge - Get just enough braking done on the straight that you are comfortable turning in at the kink and have set the nose for the front to turn in and then at least be on maintenance throttle through there.  Hug that right apex at the kink and aim toward the end of the tire wall out ahead of you.  This straight line shot is your big brake zone.  You'll displace the first apex a car width or a tad more.  Keep your right tires inside the rumble strip/bricks in the middle of the track that separates you from the paved runoff.  Turn in to get into 2nd apex on left and start squeezing on throttle.  Keep feeding it throttle while opening up the wheel to use all of track but not hit gators out there.  Do not run off the end of the asphalt - big pothole.  Then just keep giving it gas to get to left apex for beginning of straight and head up to sweeper. 

The sweeper... don't be obsessed with getting all the way to the left for Bus Stop. Don't brake too hard and move weight to the front of the car before the sweeper, either; get the car nice and set and you can carry lots of speed through there. Just make sure you can shut it down. If you can't shut it down, it's okay to dump it off straight.

Brake hard for Bus Stop, unload the rear of the car and get it rotated, then get back on the gas. If you've done it right, you're working towards full throttle as you turn left. That little straight is a straight, don't coast it. The turn in to Keyhole is earlier than you might think. It's more of a bend than a turn as you're aiming for the outside curbing.

Scott covered Diamonds Edge pretty well. Be aware that outside of the exit is awful rumble strips. That's also true on the outside of Bus Stop in this direction.

The sweeper... don't be obsessed with getting all the way to the left for Bus Stop.

This right here is spot on. 

I can't tell you how many people I follow and watch them enter bus stop from way left and keyhole from way left.  The track is off camber in both spots.  You are working way too hard to get back through the turn.  I watch them with instructors in the car, so apparently a lot of people don't know the track well.  Enter both from mid track and just thread the needle with a little rotation in bus stop and just a tiny steering input and brush of the brakes lets you float across entering the keyhole.  Keyhole is not a right turn as you are really crossing over to the other side. 

I see the cow track notes...are there any for ccw? I am mostly concerned with lines/techniques at diamond's edge and the sweeper. Maybe then 1 too as I don't think I'm getting the most out of my car and myself in those spots.

I saw in one of your prior videos that you have an AiM Solo. You could probably attach your solo files from your MSRH lap on this thread and someone might be able to give you much more specific feedback as to how you can find time.

Just a suggestion. 

BTW, I'm not that guy as I suck. 

BTW, I'm not that guy as I suck.

Hahhahhaha. I love that, as a Trackjunkie or not.

May have to plagiarize that!

This right here is spot on. 

I can't tell you how many people I follow and watch them enter bus stop from way left and keyhole from way left.  The track is off camber in both spots.  You are working way too hard to get back through the turn.  I watch them with instructors in the car, so apparently a lot of people don't know the track well.  Enter both from mid track and just thread the needle with a little rotation in bus stop and just a tiny steering input and brush of the brakes lets you float across entering the keyhole.  Keyhole is not a right turn as you are really crossing over to the other side. 

Nearly everyone I follow into keyhole overturns to the right, and then has to get the car back over left. The concrete patches are really grippy there and in busstop. Can just huck the car right in there and take advantage of that.

Wow, are those speeds accurate? You are killing me on speed everywhere.

Speeds are from internal GPS on AIM solo DL. I believe they are accurate.

Tires and suspension make a huge difference, but Denis' car has added lightness and aero so it makes speed differently than your car. Here is a lap in my car that would be more comparable to your Mustang (i.e. heavier, no aero)...but with Hoosier R7s (and the suspension to match). Even though the lap time is slower you can see the trap speeds are very similar to Denis' car.

https://youtu.be/nt9kvSK20wc?t=2m8s

ThunderMoose is a stud with the TT3 track record. Don’t watch his video and feel bad. He kills me as well except the straights.

ThunderMoose is a stud with the TT3 track record. Don’t watch his video and feel bad. He kills me as well except the straights.

To be fair I kill you everywhere but the straights too, in a miata. So... 

To be fair I kill you everywhere but the straights too, in a miata. So... 

Call back when you're beating SM times.  You aren't even going faster than them.  Compare like to like, and TTE should crush SM.