Sign in to follow this  
Boostedtaco

NASA at Hallet June 9-10 2018!

Got lots of laps out there, happy to help.  Definitely make some rebound adjustments from COTA, Hallett is bumpy has some character in some key areas.  

FTFY.  :cool:

How difficult is it to figure out the lines without an instructor? They don’t have HPDE1, and I’ve never driven at Hallett before.

How difficult is it to figure out the lines without an instructor? They don’t have HPDE1, and I’ve never driven at Hallett before.

No more difficult than learning any other track. Being fast at Hallett might be a different story, for a number of reasons. Watch lots of video and realize nearly every corner at Hallett is off camber and you absolutely don't want to drop two off unless you like abusing your car. The outside of T6/7 is brutal.

No more difficult than learning any other track. Being fast at Hallett might be a different story, for a number of reasons. Watch lots of video and realize nearly every corner at Hallett is off camber and you absolutely don't want to drop two off unless you like abusing your car. The outside of T6/7 is brutal.

Agreed, not too difficult to get around, but being fast is just like any other track in knowing where you can/should push it. OTOH, off track i very bumpy and will claim a splitter in very short order. Totally not like Cresson where you can stay in the gas and drive a full straight on the grass!

...and other than the bumpiness there's also a lot more stuff to hit than Cresson. Nothing to fret over, but should certainly be aware of and respect anything off the racing surface.

Video definitely helps. That's what I used to get up to speed when I shared @@robertcope car. The thing the videos don't capture is all the blind corners. There are quite a few, but you can't really tell that from video. And if you run it "backwards" almost every corner is blind.

How not to take turn 1. Especially when you're in someone else's car. Nix had a front row seat. haha.

Video definitely helps. That's what I used to get up to speed when I shared @@robertcope car. The thing the videos don't capture is all the blind corners. There are quite a few, but you can't really tell that from video. And if you run it "backwards" almost every corner is blind.

Elevation is also hard to capture on video!

Agreed, not too difficult to get around, but being fast is just like any other track in knowing where you can/should push it. OTOH, off track i very bumpy and will claim a splitter in very short order. Totally not like Cresson where you can stay in the gas and drive a full straight on the grass!

*cough* bullshit *cough*

its easy enough to learn.  pretty much everyone that drives there for first time is in the same boat.  track is short so you get plenty of chances to the line

How far of a drive is Hallett from Houston? 8 hours? I wish I had a tire trailer. IDK about driving the NT01's for that long, then a weekend DE then back. 

Something like that, was about 7 1/2 from Austin. I drive on streets to every event, then change to RC-1/SM7/*whatever tire I'm running for TT*. I wouldn't drive NT01's on the highway that long. 

In, not sure if driving though......

This :(

How far of a drive is Hallett from Houston? 8 hours? I wish I had a tire trailer. IDK about driving the NT01's for that long, then a weekend DE then back. 

Yeah around 8 - what cabo said, I wouldn't do that on NT01s. If he can fit 4 tires in a miata for his trip...surely you can. Where there's a will...

Might stuff everything you can in the car and then join a caravan, then move tires over..  if I was going, I'd offer space in my trailer for other set of tires.   but I'm not going.. :(

Someone here might be willing to help you out and bring them for a couple high fives or something. 

Guest lobster

Someone here might be willing to help you out and bring them for a couple high fives or something. 

I should have room in the back of my truck for tires.  

I should have room in the back of my truck for tires.

Like a good neighbor NASA members are there.

V6 went to V0

See if Tony is bringing the aircraft carrier and if he has room for the SM.

See if Tony is bringing the aircraft carrier and if he has room for the SM.

Bruh donut lost his engine not me.