STANG KILLA SS

TWS guy, first time at Cresson: Advice?

Sign up for chin at MSRH next week come down, like the entire Trackjunkies forum will be there to give you solicited and unsolicited advice. 

you really need to post data from AiM or even video with some basic GPS speed   You'll get the most helpful information from this board if you did that. 

18 minutes ago, STANG KILLA SS said:

i dont trust these tires. i was over slowing alot.

also my brakes were just back to working, but werent quite enough so i was gun shy of them too.

but mostly just still learning. only my 7th time to cresson.

Only 7th time! Pretty damn good imo. Yeah i feel ya with those tires, i wouldn't risk my car and push it. I'd get some real rubber like r7/pirelli take offs for next time. I'm pretty sure with just better tires you'll be in the 2:1x easily! 

went back to the track last monday.

after success with the OEM rear pads fixing my braking issue, i swaped to some more agressive ST-43 pads i had laying around. they worked great as well. with more stopping power of course.

pretty uneventful day of fun. still hating the R888R tires though. horrible grip. cant wait to burn threw them. got a set of Rivals waiting.

CFHle46.jpg

ga1FExB.jpg

kl0ye7j.jpg

fJgTLfL.jpg

Zu9fAQC.jpg

leHNmLH.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTmDFCE0WA&t=248s

1 hour ago, STANG KILLA SS said:

got a set of Rivals waiting.

hope you don't plan on doing more than 10 minutes of outright pace on them - was not impressed with them at all coming from RS4s in WRL.

done MANY full sessions on them. even with 20 minutes on Rivals im faster than 5 minutes on R888Rs

i tried the RS3s on the camaro.

late getting this posted, and not much to post.

Finally was able to get the best out of the Toyo R888Rs. 30 psi was the ticket, hit 31 and they would start to slide, push, and shutter. still worst than the BFG Rivals, but the best the R888Rs have been. luckily this should be there last outing. rears are nearly bald.

now that i got the exhaust joints fixed and sloted, so they clamp good and stay together, now its finding the next weak point. keeps just pulling the exhaust out of the rear hangers. its like the whole exhaust is about 1-2" too short. had to repair the exhaust wrap too. i think it drug on trailer unloading and cut it.
GpH6OeN.jpg

Stupid Porsche club rules. have to wear pants. the ONLY HPDE that has this rule. there lucky i forgot i had my plaid pajama "pants" in my luggage! i would have worn them as a FU. had to rent a fire suit.
GwfVBhm.jpg

SLC superlite
TUGSFMu.jpg

this was the first somewhat warm day with the new hood (mid 80s) and i felt like it was doing some cooling good. i felt like the temp needle was a good 1-2 marks lower than before.

the brakes with the ST-43 rear pads were great.

watched a bimmer go off. looked like maybe a harsh downshift locked the rears initiating the slide.
https://youtu.be/FRw1FTC4EQo

got to do 1/2 lap with a 488 Pista. i ran him in a early morning session and he was a road block. super slow. then in the afternoon, it had to be a different driver, MUCH faster.
Uly5k9K.jpg

xGO4rf6.jpg

i had gone off prior in the session. got black flaged for that, 1/2 lap into the battle with the 488 Pista. right as he went off too.
excuses: my toyos were shit and on there last session (rears bald)
i could get him under braking, but he could get on power SO much earlier with rear engine. and i was no match for his 710 HP.
really bummed i got black flaged and had to come in. i really wanted to play some more.
https://youtu.be/RuFDGdr61Pw

random cell vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5nq5fisdUw

Are those hot pressures or cold pressures?   Are you using the factory TPMS while on track? Do you have a crew waiting in the hot pits?  

Being able to differentiate between 1psi is some next level skill.   you should be racing at the top of your class!  instead you only ever drive on the 3.1 in HPDE with sub-amateurs 

Do you have any laps with overlaid data in the video?  

Would be great to see a lap with your 30psi run vs your 31psi run as a comparison.  

4 hours ago, lobster said:

Are those hot pressures or cold pressures?   Are you using the factory TPMS while on track? Do you have a crew waiting in the hot pits?  

Being able to differentiate between 1psi is some next level skill.   you should be racing at the top of your class!  instead you only ever drive on the 3.1 in HPDE with sub-amateurs 

Do you have any laps with overlaid data in the video?  

Would be great to see a lap with your 30psi run vs your 31psi run as a comparison.  

beast mode

damn how much coffee have you had!?

always hot pressures. anyone that talks in cold pressures should be shot!

useless.  every driver, day, track, car, etc will produce different amounts of heat/psi gain.

10 minutes ago, STANG KILLA SS said:

damn how much coffee have you had!?

useless.  every driver, day, track, car, etc will produce different amounts of heat/psi gain.

Such passion! 

how are you getting your hot pressure readings?  I’m still super impressed that you can really feel the difference of a single pound of pressure! 

Especially on such shitty R888R but I would probably it take those over some as3 all seasons tho.

21 minutes ago, STANG KILLA SS said:

A smidge excessive

yeah i run TPMS in all my wheels. didnt have it in the camaro, now that i do. i find the info invaluable. i can get pressures exact. as soon as the checkered drops i pull them up and look and memorize. to change each wheel the amount needed. even within 30 seconds after lifting the pressures will start to change. sometimes as much as 2-3 psi by the time im to my pit area.

lol its not that i can sense 1 degree, it was more of a cut off point. the tires were ok at 28, 29, 30, and 3 sessions in a row, i would notice the tires all the sudden were sliding more, pushing more, shuttering more. and every time i would look down the tires would have clicked up to 31 psi that lap. hence the diagnoses i made. for my particular car.