Sign in to follow this  
SAD

PCA at Hallett - 3/17

Wish I could, but I’ll be back out here in NM on a job then. Have a blast.

Wish I could, but I’ll be back out here in NM on a job then. Have a blast.

Plenty more to be had!

This is nifty...

********New PCA requirement for Driver Education Events********
If your vehicle is equipped with Automatic Emergency Braking Systems, such as automatic braking, or lane assist, please follow the policy as stated. " At this time, it is not known how these systems will react at speed in the HPDE environment. For the safety of all participants PCA has decided not to allow affected vehicles to run with our group at HPDE events unless the system can be and is turned off." This information is listed on the tech sheet.

I wondered if/when/how these electronic nannies would be dealt with for track days/racing..  certainly some testing will be required.   wonder how many sensors these systems have?   Wonder if you can simply unplug a 'sensor head' and disable the system, like they do with wheel speed sensors to disable ABS in some race classes...

Back to the subject..  I love me some Hallett, but can't make it.   Will forward to my dad who runs COMMA up there. he's been jonesing for some practice time.

This is nifty...

I wondered if/when/how these electronic nannies would be dealt with for track days/racing..  certainly some testing will be required.   wonder how many sensors these systems have?   Wonder if you can simply unplug a 'sensor head' and disable the system, like they do with wheel speed sensors to disable ABS in some race classes...

Back to the subject..  I love me some Hallett, but can't make it.   Will forward to my dad who runs COMMA up there. he's been jonesing for some practice time.

Good deal. Pass on the word. Less than 2 weeks away and only 31 on roster so far.