Sign in to follow this  
Captain Buddha

The Drivers Edge @ ECR - April 21 & 22!!

Guest lobster

I'm thinking about going to this one

Are there hotels and stuff around ECR? 

I'm thinking about going to this one

Are there hotels and stuff around ECR? 

Come awwwwwwn!! ECR is out in the country. Closest hotels/restaraunts are in Decatur (Hampton Inn, La Quinta and a few others from what I recall), right down Hwy 51 by 15 minutes or less.

I want to go but Ju will be out of town. :/

You've got a car seat, right!? There's always Uncle Captain Buddha's babysitting service, here, hold this yellow flag for awhile...if you see anything bad just start waving it!  :tongue:

I'm going to try to make this one. Probably been 10 years since I have driven ECR, so I'm eager to check it out again.

I really want to get back to this track. This is where it all started for me at an open track day years ago when I was curious enough to find out what this track stuff was all about. My first ever spin was in turn 1 when I lifted mid corner.

I’m hearing how nice the new/revamped facilities are. Is it open/available for use for overnight campers? Are showers available?

Answers to above - yes, yes....call Maggie at the track just to let her know you're planning to overnight at the track (no hookups, dry camping only). The renovated clubhouse has REALLY nice bathrooms - huge shower in the Men's room. I cannot speak for the Women's room though (LOL!).

Where do people stay (which hotel) when visiting ECR? I'm back and forth with staying or dropping the trailer and car off Friday and just driving home. The Cresson hotel across the street is so convenient it's a no brainer, but there's nothing that close to ECR.

Where do people stay (which hotel) when visiting ECR? I'm back and forth with staying or dropping the trailer and car off Friday and just driving home. The Cresson hotel across the street is so convenient it's a no brainer, but there's nothing that close to ECR.

There are a few choices in Decatur on 287 about 15 minutes away

I'm looking forward to ECR, this will be my first time out there so I need to watch some videos and learn the track

I'm looking forward to ECR, this will be my first time out there so I need to watch some videos and learn the track

The more I watch videos here, the more excited I get. I have a feeling the longer straights are going to make me want more HP though ;)

The more I watch videos here, the more excited I get. I have a feeling the longer straights are going to make me want more HP though ;)

It will make you want more brakes

It will make you want more brakes

I saw that suggested by another user above as well. Fresh rotors, pads and SRF all the way around, should be good to go...and Stop!

I saw that suggested by another user above as well. Fresh rotors, pads and SRF all the way around, should be good to go...and Stop!

I only hit 104 (fuel cut in 4th) at ECR but with my AP Sprint Kit and Ferodo DS1.11 I didn't have to worry about brakes at all. ECR is fun, the straight is a little long in a BRZ (or MIata) but still a great track.

I'm going to ECR Saturday, but I'll be at MSR with APEX next weekend. I just got my car back from the dealer after they replaced my AC Compressor (under my extended warranty).

I only hit 104 (fuel cut in 4th) at ECR but with my AP Sprint Kit and Ferodo DS1.11 I didn't have to worry about brakes at all. ECR is fun, the straight is a little long in a BRZ (or MIata) but still a great track.

I'm going to ECR Saturday, but I'll be at MSR with APEX next weekend. I just got my car back from the dealer after they replaced my AC Compressor (under my extended warranty).ma

From the data share your braking is a killer. Speed traces are some seriously vertical lines. Good stuff.

For those that have never ran at ECR: bring your best brakes! Fresh Motul or SRF, new pads/rotors. You’ll thank me later!!

I do practice what I preach....instructing at ECR tomorrow/Saturday - it will be the first time out in my new C7 Z06....I'll run a few laps in the 1st Instructor session as-is then I'm going up the hill for a full brake flush that way I can "get on it" a tad more later in the day...maybe...going to be weird pushing a street car though - have not done that in awhile!!

Looks like it will be wet on the weekend :(

Car control practice. Not sure if I'll bother bringing the good tires.

Looks like it will be wet on the weekend :(

Car control practice. Not sure if I'll bother bringing the good tires.

Could be good on Sunday - a rainy Saturday might be a nice intro to the course for the 90% of drivers who have not driven it before (according to Rick). The surface is not an ice rink like MSR in the wet, so you should be able to get some decent driving in. I'll be drifting on my Hoosiers I think :)