If you are having trouble logging in, please try resetting your password. The email you get will include your "Display Name" ("Hi, Display Name") which is what you should use to log in with. If that doesn't work, email me: [email protected]

Shuka

Track Junkies Field Trip - Heartland Park? Barber? NCM?

Hey all, since the NASA schedule is a bit sparse this year, does anyone want to join forces and take a field trip?

In our "one travel day" range from the Houston metro, I think we could hit Barber, NCM, or Heartland Park

Some possible dates:

NASA Central at Heartland Park - May 26-27 (memorial day weekend), July 14-15

Great lakes at NCM - March 24-25, Oct 27-28

We could also join Chin for a DE day!

I'm planning on road-tripping to some SCCA Majors races out of my region this Summer. Will post up once I figure out my schedule/season.

I was hoping to do Road Atlanta at end of February with Chin.  I decided to move my car to VIR for the season and run with Mid Atlantic and NE NASA regions.  I bought some inserts for my exhaust in case I try to do NCM in the future.

I was hoping to do Road Atlanta at end of February with Chin.  I decided to move my car to VIR for the season and run with Mid Atlantic and NE NASA regions.  I bought some inserts for my exhaust in case I try to do NCM in the future.

what do you mean inserts for your exhaust?  does NCM have a noise restriction?  

Yes they do--I think the limit is 103 dba at 50 feet

Mine is right at the limit- Sometimes okay- Sometimes baffles go in.

One of my baffles (installed by NCM folks- hahaha) decided to eject and watch the action from the rumble strip...;0  Now- they are tethered when inserted to avoid premature ejection...

5a33bd0fd57e6_NoiseBaffleOnTrack.jpg

Yes they do---Mine is right at the limit- Sometimes okay- Sometimes inserts go in.

I think it was 103 dba at 50 feet

hmm... i have no idea how loud mine is,  it's not quiet. 

Barber may be fun...  there is a gap in the NASA TX schedule after COTA may (I'm gonna skip Hallett) so that's a lot of time without being on the track so I need to do something with that time until COTA September. 

I was hoping to do Road Atlanta at end of February with Chin. I decided to move my car to VIR for the season and run with Mid Atlantic and NE NASA regions. I bought some inserts for my exhaust in case I try to do NCM in the future.

Are you going to fly over to east coast for every event?

TT3 won't be as fun with out you around. I went and looked at the Mid Atlantic and NE NASA schedules, those regions have a lot of events!

Are you going to fly over to east coast for every event?

Yeah but it's only like 6 events. With the Texas region schedule I was going to have to travel quite a bit for all but 1 event. Southwest flies directly to Raleigh NC. I'll have like 4 events at VIR, 1 at WGI, and 1 at Lime Rock. It should be pretty cool.

TT3 won't be as fun with out you around. I went and looked at the Mid Atlantic and NE NASA schedules, those regions have a lot of events!

Thanks. We did a good job of really pushing each other to get faster.

Yes.  They did not at first and then the neighbors whined.  I could never pass.

I vote for California. Nasa Buttonwillow Oct 12-13. :)

I like this idea, id be in for this. 

Zero interest in a NASA weekend "abroad", but I do want to get out of Texas for a Chin or other HPDE type event.

I am signed up for Chin at Road Atlanta Feb 24-25.  Hopefully some other folks decide to join me.

NASA abroad is fun if you're doing TT or W2W.  Not so much for HPDE.

I am signed up for Chin at Road Atlanta Feb 24-25.  Hopefully some other folks decide to join me.

NASA abroad is fun if you're doing TT or W2W.  Not so much for HPDE.

Exactly. And dang it, I would be into that, but Ju is going to be out of town that weekend so I'll have to take care of EL.