HDA

German Beetle car

I recently bought one of those cute german cars from the 90s. It's a modern interpretation of the 70s beetle (Think Herbie?).

Very cute, fun vehicle to drive around savoring the pleasure of the 70s with slightly more modern feel.

The 1303cc engines feels much more powerful than the 60 or so horse power stated. It still ain't no high revving Honda!!!

This is the model without the flat windshield. Not as rare but nevertheless fun and the looks are mostly the same as the more vintage ones.

Previous owner put so Pherari logos on it with the horse thingy, I may keep them after all but I am not sure.

IMG_2931.jpg?format=750w

Read more here

https://www.theitalianpursuit.com/#/1992-porsche-carrera/

Is there a cliff notes version?

Talks about horse sex, lots of pictures too.

This past weekend I went for a drive off of 3090 - Navasota area. Loved it, and perfect temperature to cool down the POORSH

This thing even got to 150mph with rusty springs and unknown alignment on worn BFG all seasons. This proved one thing: I am getting close to my 40s with a family waiting for me at home but I am still able to do reckless and crazy shit. And I am happy with that.

I also removed the whole exhaust system and ran it with only the cat on: neighbors loved it.

Dibs.

Seriously.

Dibs.

I'd like to rectify - early 2018 not 2017.

Tonight I am installing the exhaust pipes (basically no muffler).

FUN FACT!

The difference in horsepower between the 964 (260hp) and the 993 (285hp) lays mostly on the exhaust system.

Installing the 993 headers on a 964 requires rotating the flanges but it is a plug in mod that will give more than 15hp! It will require a dedicated exhaust setup as the ass of the 964 is not wide enough to fit side muffler like the 993 has.

The advantage of the VARIORAM intakes is more low end torque but peak power is almost identical.

END OF FUN FACTS!

So like, three weeks from now? Haha

So like, three weeks from now? Haha

It's for sale starting today. Can be seen this Saturday morning.

So fun facts Thursday! (FFT)

According to the receipts that I have here, the total spent on the 964 since 1992 (I have all of them) is $47,000.

It was sold to the previous owner in 2005 with 100,000miles for $16,500

It's for sale starting today. Can be seen this Saturday morning.

I dislike both of your previous posts. On your 993, I'm still $25000 short of what it'll sell for. Just need another few years of saving. Crap. Well, someone's going to get a great car from a great seller!

On your 964 post... why oh why couldn't they still go for that price. 

Enough feeling sorry for myself. C'est la vie. Back to work. 

I dislike both of your previous posts. On your 993, I'm still $25000 short of what it'll sell for. Just need another few years of saving. Crap. Well, someone's going to get a great car from a great seller!

On your 964 post... why oh why couldn't they still go for that price. 

Enough feeling sorry for myself. C'est la vie. Back to work. 

I know right?!? I would buy TEN (or maybe 2).

It's safe to say that in 25 years of ownership you will spend roughly the cost of the car in maintenance stuff? I can't find how much the car cost when new.

As for the 993 - mother nature gave you 2 kidneys: ask yourself why. :)

I can't find how much the car cost when new.

According to auto trader, msrp of '92 911 manual rwd coupe was $63900. That's $111k in today's dollars.

FUN FACT!

The difference in horsepower between the 964 (260hp) and the 993 (285hp) lays mostly on the exhaust system.

Installing the 993 headers on a 964 requires rotating the flanges but it is a plug in mod that will give more than 15hp! It will require a dedicated exhaust setup as the ass of the 964 is not wide enough to fit side muffler like the 993 has.

The advantage of the VARIORAM intakes is more low end torque but peak power is almost identical.

END OF FUN FACTS!

Looks like 993 header + GT3 center muffler will be a good combo, but require lots of custom work.

@@wind I have purchased a set of George European Headers and a couple of test pipes.

I also purchased a GT3 muffler, some pipe routing work indeed to make it fit, especially since I want to fit the valves to switch the tone of the car

THEse are the headers and the Porsche Motorsport shorter R&P.

post-89-0-21150100-1514173633_thumb.jpeg

post-89-0-57779400-1514173645_thumb.jpeg

Woot!!!! Let's be stooooopid together...;0

When I received the car back from FSI...

https://youtu.be/3R563Q3i1Oc

I laff at myself everytime I see this picture.  I look like a smurf with an oversized head on my oh so short body..hahahahaha