Monumenticus

Copart Vehicle Inspection

Yeah, I'm looking for a ~$1000 car to donate the drivetrain.  the fees are >40% of the sale price at that point.  a broker would be fine if I wanted to pay ANOTHER non-refundable deposit to someone else, and would be a valid solution if I was looking for something more than a parts cars..

Copart told me to contact the lot where the car was sold, and I got an automated response that said:

Currently we have a high volume of request to "Mail Titlestitles will be mailed soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your patients.

Wonderful. Should have picked it up ourselves.

Copart told me to contact the lot where the car was sold, and I got an automated response that said:

Currently we have a high volume of request to "Mail Titlestitles will be mailed soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your patients.

you need to be "patients" 

I've been getting the runaround since day 1 when I went to pick up my car and the wheels were different than the ones pictured in auction photos.  car had Volks on it in the photos and OE wheels on it when I picked it up *Yes, Bitch.  I bought the car because of the wheels on it in the photo.  Those wheels are worth the price of the car.  now give.*

"Sir, we'll make it right, but the manager is out of town.  we will call you as soon as he's back in town."

"Uhhhh OK."

"Have a nice day sir" [click]

she doesn't have my name, number, nuthin..  how the hell will they call me?  I'm Ok with what I paid for at the price I paid for it, but I'm still pissed what they did is called FRAUD in legal terms.  I'm going to push them to refund the auction fees and see where it goes.

Would I do business with them again?  NO.

Similarly, the picture of my Miata shows a fully inflated left rear tire.

When it arrived, there was a huge gash on the inside of the wheel obviously caused by a forklift. I had to weld the hole closed just to have the car not on a flat tire in my driveway. The wheel is otherwise trashed.

Similarly, the picture of my Miata shows a fully inflated left rear tire.

When it arrived, there was a huge gash on the inside of the wheel obviously caused by a forklift. I had to weld the hole closed just to have the car not on a flat tire in my driveway. The wheel is otherwise trashed.

The good/bad about that is that could have happened anywhere in the loading process, not necessarily right when the pics were taken.  In this case, I brought it up to the people at the front desk and they pulled up the car in the system.. "Uhh yeah, it says right here the insurance company allowed the owner to remove personal effects and remove their aftermarket wheels.  in this case, they should have taken new pictures for the file, but they didn't."

uhhhhhhh.  that's called fraud folks.

The good/bad about that is that could have happened anywhere in the loading process, not necessarily right when the pics were taken.  In this case, I brought it up to the people at the front desk and they pulled up the car in the system.. "Uhh yeah, it says right here the insurance company allowed the owner to remove personal effects and remove their aftermarket wheels.  in this case, they should have taken new pictures for the file, but they didn't."

damn that sucks

people, a good reminder to always remove the good stuff before insurance gets your car.  Volks, BBS, Akra, fuzzy dice, vornado intake, exhaust whistle...all come off.

people, a good reminder to always remove the good stuff before insurance gets your car. Volks, BBS, Akra, fuzzy dice, vornado intake, exhaust whistle...all come off.

I have a feeling this one was towed from wreck location and stored/held by insurance through the end.

Car still has Stillen intakes, exhaust, springs, shocks, Nismo shifter knob, stereo (screen shattered), and some other mods on it.

The wheels were the easy and expensive one to replace with hand tools at the lot, so they were given that ability.

Tagged and Registered! I posted a bunch more pictures at https://imgur.com/a/JRRpC

5a610496c5fcb_tagged.jpg

I've spent a total of $3994 so far including TT&R The car is probably worth about $6500-$7000. 

Nice pick up, what's the status of the title?  Rebuilt?  How much was the car and how much of it was repairs/recon?

Nice pick up, what's the status of the title?  Rebuilt?  How much was the car and how much of it was repairs/recon?

The title will be branded "Rebuilt Salvage - Flood Damage"

Sorry about the formatting:

Auction Bid Price $2000
Buyer Fee $470
Internet Bid Fee $69
Gate $59
Sales Tax $214.34
TOTAL Purchase from Copart $2812.34

Carrier $360
Dispatcher $75
TOTAL Transport to Waco $435

Key $97.41