I've been having a noise I didn't like when I make left turns at higher speeds. Its been getting louder and louder until it actually startled me last week. I figured it was the front right wheel bearing assembly so I order 2. I always do both sides.
I have to note, the first thing I did before I got started on today's project was to make sure the Datsun was running smoothly in case I had to do a parts run or grab lunch. I did a full tune-up on her Friday after work. I'm glad I did that because I had to make a run to the auto parts store this morning.
I installed both wheel hub assemblies today. Firstly, I have to say it was a fun project. It was just what I needed as a car project right now. No thinking or guess work. Just unbolt this and then tighten that down to this specific torque spec. Ahhhh, modern car bliss. Hahaha.
So I did a test drive after just doing the front right to make sure my diagnosis was correct. Bingo, that fixed it. It also made the ride smoother and quieter, even in a straight line. So I brought her back home and did the other side. It took about 2 hours per side.
I ordered a set of spark plugs at the same time as the wheel hubs, but I figured it was a bit ambitious to do both today. I'll look under the hood tomorrow morning and see if I'm up to changing the spark plugs. The coil packs are apparently a pain in the ass to get off w/o busting them. Wish me luck!!!