Hastarock

Convoy to NOLA 2017 - Thursday

In for Convey to NOLA on Thursday:

Hastarock

Spidervxbiking

Arro

We'll meet up on I-10 out of Houston.

We be using walkies.

On the off chance I can get in on this, what time are you leaving the rendezvous point?

Since yall are arriving a day early, can you block out some paddock space for the Friday convoy?

On the off chance I can get in on this, what time are you leaving the rendezvous point?

You could probably help determine what time.  What do you need?

Since yall are arriving a day early, can you block out some paddock space for the Friday convoy?

We'll try.  Seems many people coming over Friday want reserved spaces on Thursday. 

Definitely won't do it for that bomber-bottle black bitter beer you drink.  Maybe IPAs.

I crack myself up  post-8-0-30854600-1507757542.gif

Hastarock

Spidervxbiking

Arro

We'll probably meet up on I-10 out of Houston.

We be using walkies.

I was doing some preliminary planning yesterday and here's what I've come up with so far.....

Meet Thursday here: Chevron, 12890-, 13228 Interstate 10 Service Rd, Cove, TX 77523

-Leave no later than 8:30am

Arrive here for lunch approx 12pm: Mall of LA 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70836

-The point is to get over the Mississippi river in Baton Rouge before rush hour. I10 turns into a literal log jam for miles apparently. Mall has plenty of large parking areas and I'm sure there's somewhere to eat!

-Leave around 1:30-2pm after gas up if anyone needs it.

Arrive approx 3-3:30 pm at NOLA.

I'm not sure when they are opening gates for early drop off etc. This itinerary is focused on getting us through Baton Rouge at a decent time to avoid traffic.

I'm open to ANY suggestions.......this is NOT set in stone, sand, or even water at this point.

Hastarock

Spidervxbiking

Arro

No @ ?!?!

id love to convoy with you guys, theres just no way to get off work on Thursday for me. 

id love to convoy with you guys, theres just no way to get off work on Thursday for me.

e

Have your boss give me a call post-8-0-31471700-1507821983.gif

I was doing some preliminary planning yesterday and here's what I've come up with so far.....

Meet Thursday here: Chevron, 12890-, 13228 Interstate 10 Service Rd, Cove, TX 77523

Arrive here for lunch approx 12pm: Mall of LA 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70836

-The point is to get over the Mississippi river in Baton Rouge before rush hour. I10 turns into a literal log jam for miles apparently. Mall has plenty of large parking areas and I'm sure there's somewhere to eat!

-Leave around 1:30-2pm after gas up if anyone needs it.

I'm not sure when they are opening gates for early drop off etc. This itinerary is focused on getting us through Baton Rouge at a decent time to avoid traffic.

I'm open to ANY suggestions.......this is NOT set in stone, sand, or even water at this point.

So are these the official plans?

So are these the official plans?

@spidervxbiking

You better weigh in, since you’re so far west.

I'll be going over the itinerary at lunch today and finalizing, but am totally open for suggestions.

@spidervxbiking

You better weigh in, since you’re so far west.

I am driving over on Wednesday evening to stay with Arro to avoid having to rush Thursday morning. I like early departure so we have more time to decompress and enjoy the stay. 

UPDATE - finalized pending any objections

So this is the updated schedule as of Monday, 10/23/17.....

Meet Thursday here:

Chevron, 13228 Interstate 10 Service Rd, Cove, TX 77523

-arrive earlier to fuel up so we can be rolling @ 8:30am

-it’s approx. 241 miles to the lunch stop

Arrive here for lunch approx 12pm:

Texas Roadhouse 10360 N Mall Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70809

- There is a Sam’s Club next door so parking should be easy with the trailers. There are other food options across the highway with plenty of parking as well. (Chili’s, Chickfila, Whataburger, Olive Garden, etc.)

-The point is to get over the Mississippi river in Baton Rouge before rush hour. I10 turns into a literal log jam for miles apparently.

-Leave around 1:30-2pm after fuel up. There are a Racetrac and a Chevron nearby, both with diesel.

- I'm assuming Louisiana has 93 octane at every station, fill your race cans here before we hit the track. Please someone speak up if Louisiana has weak gas like Oklahoma.

I'm not sure when they are opening gates for early drop off etc. I’m waiting a call back from NMP regarding this.

This itinerary is focused on getting us through Baton Rouge at a decent time to avoid traffic. If we're eary and have time to burn before the gates open, so be it. It wouldn't be the first time any of us waited for a gate to open  :dry: 

If you have a walkie talkie, bring it and we can sync up channels before we hit the road.

We will be traveling at a MAX 75 mph (lower if the posted limit is lower). 70-72 mph worked well for this group on the way to Hallett.

@@Hastarock

@@Spiderxvpbiking

@@Shuka

@

I won't be in this convoy boys....Thursday has to be my prep day, going to try and get the car aligned that morning. I will be on the late arrival list..

I won't be in this convoy boys....Thursday has to be my prep day, going to try and get the car aligned that morning. I will be on the late arrival list..

Tell your boss to call me:-) 

UPDATE - finalized pending any objections

So this is the updated schedule as of Monday, 10/23/17.....

Meet Thursday here:

Chevron, 13228 Interstate 10 Service Rd, Cove, TX 77523

-arrive earlier to fuel up so we can be rolling @ 8:30am

-it’s approx. 241 miles to the lunch stop

Arrive here for lunch approx 12pm:

Texas Roadhouse 10360 N Mall Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70809

- There is a Sam’s Club next door so parking should be easy with the trailers. There are other food options across the highway with plenty of parking as well. (Chili’s, Chickfila, Whataburger, Olive Garden, etc.)

-The point is to get over the Mississippi river in Baton Rouge before rush hour. I10 turns into a literal log jam for miles apparently.

-Leave around 1:30-2pm after fuel up. There are a Racetrac and a Chevron nearby, both with diesel.

- I'm assuming Louisiana has 93 octane at every station, fill your race cans here before we hit the track. Please someone speak up if Louisiana has weak gas like Oklahoma.

I'm not sure when they are opening gates for early drop off etc. I’m waiting a call back from NMP regarding this.

This itinerary is focused on getting us through Baton Rouge at a decent time to avoid traffic. If we're eary and have time to burn before the gates open, so be it. It wouldn't be the first time any of us waited for a gate to open  :dry: 

If you have a walkie talkie, bring it and we can sync up channels before we hit the road.

We will be traveling at a MAX 75 mph (lower if the posted limit is lower). 70-72 mph worked well for this group on the way to Hallett.

@@Hastarock

@@Spiderxvpbiking

@@Shuka

@

Man, you out did yourself. Glad to have you on the team. One thing to note is more frequent stops as Hasta only has a 20 gal gas tank. Plus, he only likes to drive 65mph while towing. No big deal either way. Cheers

One thing to note is more frequent stops as Hasta only has a 20 gal gas tank. Plus, he only likes to drive 65mph while towing. No big deal either way. Cheers

What a pack of lies.

We may have to stop more frequently to let AC pee.